Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

IWB holster for my Springfield XD .45

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by brewbrew04, Nov 15, 2009.

1. brewbrew04

brewbrew04 Portland, OR Member

I am looking for a good IWB holster for my XD 5", I have looked around at a few different site but still a little unsure on which on to get. Does anyone have an XD and can recommend a good holster? Thanks

2. j.barnum

j.barnum Oregon Member

I recently purchased a IWB/OWB holster from Littlebearholsters.com It has shark skin trim and it is very comfortable. $95.00 and it gives me the ability to wear it IWB, between belt and pants, or OWB. The shark skin for the belt loops and re-enforcement for re-holstering my Cougar 8000.
    You may want to sign up to win a free holster as well.

Oh, I also bought a 1.5" Brown shark skin belt for $75.00 to match the holster

PICT5783.jpg

3. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker Holster XD45 IWB

Kydex IWB holster for XD-45. This holster is cut to handle either the 5" or 4" barrel versions, and will work for standard or compact XD 45s. Can also holstered a 5" XD 40 and a 4" XD 9mm. It worked great for both of those guns. So really, you can use this for any of the 4" or 5" XDs Picture link below with a 4" XD-45 compact. Good positive retention and comfortable. This model allows the wearer to tuck a shirt in-between the gun and your pants waistband. That way you don't have to wear a vest or jacket or leave your shirt untucked and look like you are carrying a gun. This holster can be easily removed without taking off your belt or removing the gun from the holster - which helps to prevent negligent discharges. Here is more info from Comp-Tac: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=46 I own a Comp-Tac IWB for my XD 45 compact.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/138372000/138372416/pix62915015.jpg

4. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I had a cross breed holster for my xd45 tactical, felt like am extension of my body, springerprecision.com also sells a very nice iwb that's very compact but ment for a 5" barrel, you can't go wrong with either one.

5. brewbrew04

brewbrew04 Portland, OR Member

Thank you for all the info! I am going to check out the Rose City Gun show this weekend then make a decision! Thanks again!

6. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Good luck finding anything close to an xd holster there, its all kydex holsters or soft non formed holsters.

7. redmistnmysight

redmistnmysight ..... Member

8. Oppy

Oppy Seattle Member

I had difficulty finding a holster for my XD9. What works pretty well is the High Noon Split Decision. I've had it about a year and so far so good. just my two cents worth. Good luck!

9. Scrambler

Scrambler Oregon City New Member

10. powermad

powermad Portland Active Member

For a full size high cap .45, Crossbreed is the best bang for the buck.

I pack my FNP45 in one.