JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like I will be getting a Ithaca 37 dsps riot gun 8-shot, 20 inch barrel, slam fire capable, in the near future. What are your guys thoughts/experiences with this shotgun? I'm thinking this might be a good home defense/ bedside gun due to size/weight/firepower.

Looks like I will be getting a Ithaca 37 dsps riot gun 8-shot, 20 inch barrel, slam fire capable, in the near future. What are your guys thoughts/experiences with this shotgun? I'm thinking this might be a good home defense/ bedside gun due to size/weight/firepower.
My first shotgun as a kid was a 1967 Ithaca Deerslayer.
Probably put 15-20,00 rounds through it over the years.

Loads and ejects from the bottom.
My favorite pump shotgun design.

I have a browning bps for duck hunting and I've always liked the bottom eject. I think a slam fire video might be in order. I am trading one of my AK's for this gun(an amd 65) I know I might be taking a loss financially speaking; but something about the ithaca intrigued me.

One of the best....I have had one for 42 years and it has NEVER failed.....light and swings great (I have longer barrel) Shot thousands of rounds through......great

Awesome, amazing shotguns! Very simple and tough as nails. I absolutely love em, but don't and wouldn't keep one for "Homeland Security" detail. As mentioned, the Ithaca Model 37 ejects out the bottom; there is no ejection port on the side from which to "port-load" the gun. An Ithaca Model 37 MUST be fed from the magazine tube – there is no other option and no way to easily get a shell into the chamber (past the tines that lift the shells) from the bottom "port" of the gun. Some say, "well, you're not supposed to let the gun run dry and should always be topping the magazine off." That's great and all, but the truth is that the guns DO run dry and port-loading is a very important ability to have with a shotgun. That being the case, I prefer 870s or 500/590s for the HD role, but imagine the Ithaca collection will continue to grow. But thats just me.

My first shotgun was a 1956 M37 Featherlight. I used that to take many, many ducks...along with quite a few other small game and whatnot. Got stolen out of my dad's truck April 2009 when he was helping me move and we stopped to get a bite to eat. I miss that gun so so much. I want another and one day, I will get one...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top