JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
-FOUND A NEW HOME-

-SOLD-

Would like to get $500.
Eugene, OR

I picked this gun up on here last year.

It is indeed a neat gun, but it was not described even remotely correctly and on top of that did not function when it arrived.
This is the original for-sale add:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/handgun-classifieds/62548-custom-1911-lw-commander-45-acp-sold.html

Despite the little warning voice inside my head I sent off the money and got this little guy in return.

I was looking for an aluminum commander frame for a project, this is a nice solid stainless steel frame, not quite as described. :p
Also rather than being an "unknown make" the gun clearly has GAL KSN Industries, Israel marked on the side and JO Arms Houston Texas on the other side. Once again, not nearly as described.

The best part though is that when it showed up it failed the 1911 click test so miserably that the hammer would fall when you released the safety. :p
Someone had tried to do a kitchen-counter-gunsmith trigger job on this poor little guy and the internal parts were filed and rounded over all to hell in what I assume was the "polishing" attempt of a half blind monkey.

Anyway, after a long string of back and forth and limited contact with the seller I got him to purchase and send me new Brownells internals and swapped the parts over.
And... the little gun jumped to life (with the addition of a CM mag since the one that was sent with the gun was utterly useless).

Long story short, buyer be VERY ware of dealing with trapshooter, while he may be well-meaning, he doesn't know a damn thing about 1911s.

So, as I mentioned I would like to get 500 back out of this including all the new parts, a CM mag and a beat up leather holster.
On to the pics.

As she sits now:

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

The factory mag and the included CM mag
(gun will not run with the factory magazine, runs with all other mags)

IMG_7191.jpg

The included (beat up old) leather pancake holster:

IMG_7193.jpg

Here she is when she arrived:

IMG_5236.jpg

The really cool thing about this piece though is that it is a very early IAI 1911.
All the parts were manufactured in Israel, not the Philippines, the frame, slide, and barrel are all clearly marked with the Star of David.
Later, and more common, models are not.

IMG_5238.jpg

Slide: (blurry pic, sorry)

IMG_5239.jpg

Barrel:

IMG_5241.jpg

New parts ready to go in (the old ones are included)

IMG_6553.jpg

And now she is a good little gun, no hiccups at all with the new parts save for when my poor form bumps the extended slide release. :p
You are more than welcome to come by and shoot her, I live 4 minutes from the range.

Thanks for looking.
KR

After a couple of PMs it came to my attention that I forgot to mention trades.
I am always interested in possible trades, pretty much anything. (not just handguns)
I am actively looking for a 44 mag wheel gun with a short barrel (4 or less) DA/SA, but would consider lots of other things, just drop me a line if you are interested and have something in mind.

Not really interested in: more shotguns, SAO wheel guns or other 1911s.

Interested in: Redhawk, a boring Glock, anything SIG, a sturdy bolt action long distance rifle, want an AK for some silly reason, how about a samurai sword. :p You get the idea, anything goes, and cash always works perfectly as well.

cheers,
KR

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top