JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Silverton
State
Oregon
I have gotten into reloading and finally have all the material to start but now I can't find a press if anyone is selling or know of anywhere that has some in stock it will be appreciated.

8AA09104-D957-4C8C-AC5A-5C8CADE7D6D9.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I own both the Lee hand press and single stage press. Neither was able to bump the shoulder back on my 223. The rounds still fired okay, but they never passed inspection on my headspace gauge. Maybe I just had bad presses, I dont know YMMV.

Here is the thread where I was looking for help diagnosing why my 223 wasn't falling into spec.

I bought a single stage from a member on here and haven't touched those Lees since. The hand press is a cool idea, I resized hundreds of 9mm while riding passenger on a long road trip, but the ergonomics are just terrible. Im 30 years old and in decent shape, and with that it didn't feel great on the fingers, elbows, or shoulder.

You WILL NOT appreciate using anykind of "Hand" press to reload with.....

Get a bench mounted press and live long & prosper..

Check your local gun shows.

+++++++

FYI:
The Cascade Sportsman's Club gun show is this Saturday, February 6th, from 8:00 until 2:00 at the American Legion hall in Carson, WA.

Aloha, Mark

CAM OVER

Aloha, Mark

PS....I once owned the LEE hand press. But I wasn't able to cam over .308W brass enough to satisfy me. I gave up.... I didn't even attempt to do .223 Rem brass.

Last Edited:
I bought a single stage from a member on here and haven't touched those Lees since. The hand press is a cool idea, I resized hundreds of 9mm while riding passenger on a long road trip, but the ergonomics are just terrible. Im 30 years old and in decent shape, and with that it didn't feel great on the fingers, elbows, or shoulder.
Yes. They aren't meant for full loading as you proved. You can though do wonders with pistol and neck sized cases when doing rifle loading. The ability to load some on the bench when shooting is a nice bonus.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.