JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, theres still some of us that like all the "old man bubble gum" stuff, so if your looking for AR parts look elsewhere, BUT they do call it the collectors show for a reason. And I'd be willing to bet some of those old man bubble gum rifles spitpatch is talking about are worth far more than the kiddie stuff anyway:s0155:

I picked up a beautiful Steyr in 6mm Remington in a full length Mannlicher stock (really, really rare) on a piece of walnut that would make you drool for $250 a couple years ago, so if you're interested in that sort of thing I'd say yes. But I do agree that a sign on your back is getting pretty popular and effective. Good luck, or happy hunting.

I wish desperately that I knew what kind of things were deals, and worth picking up, and what are gouging prices. Not experienced enough to tell the difference yet.

Last show I went to was Nov. 2012, just as all the craziness began. No desire to go back. Been going to gun shows over 30 years, and was really shocked and disappointed with the rapid price inflation and panic buying. Not being political, but the gun folks did not cover themselves in glory after Newtown IMO. I can't say I'll never go again, but for now, the desire to pay parking and admission fees to look at guns at full boat retail prices is just not there. Happy shopping online for now.

And, if you are REALLY into the "Old Man Bubblegum", the very best Oregon show is just around the corner. The Collector's show toward the end of August, usually held at the Airport Holiday Inn. Once a year, displays (for competition/education) as well as sales tables, and I'd wager not an AR accessory or Beanie Baby table in the whole enchilada.

I kind of like the fact that all my "Old Man Bubblegum" does stuff when I'm not even shooting it. Stuff like appreciating in value.

Went to the show today. Wasn't expecting much based on past experience. $8 to park. $10 admission but got $2 off with Bi Mart card. Lots of overpriced ammo, some at "new normal" retail. But I did find a very fine condition Mauser C96 Broomhandle which I bought. That made my day!

Went to this one since I've never gone on a weekday before. Same old stuff, same old dealers, same old $50+ bricks of .22LR.

Didn't score on a broomhandle like Pony. Congrats dude - I admired a couple there, perhaps the one you own now.

I always get information at any show, so it's not a total wash. And I got a few accessories (optics things and pepper spray for my jogging GF) that I've been meaning to get for awhile.

Actually saw some bargaining, which you might expect more after noon on day three. Paid less than full rip for all 3 of my purchases. Seems the vendors have been there before too, and they know (at least some of them) that a sale for less profit is better than no sale.

A pleasant surprise for me was seeing that evil black AR15's have come way down since the peak of the panic, almost back to previous prices. I hope that this is some indication that ammo may eventually follow suit.

I plan on going up on Sunday. I don't have high hopes but I will be looking for a holster for my Sig p226 mk25. They seem a bit hard to get as they dont fit into a normal 226 holster.

I plan on going up on Sunday. I don't have high hopes but I will be looking for a holster for my Sig p226 mk25. They seem a bit hard to get as they dont fit into a normal 226 holster.

Unless you're strapping a 6-gun, the the gun show has always sucked bad for holsters. In the probably 10 times I've looked for a holster there, I've come up empty 10 times.

Unless you're strapping a 6-gun, the the gun show has always sucked bad for holsters. In the probably 10 times I've looked for a holster there, I've come up empty 10 times.

Thats a shame, Looks like im going to need to order one. well, maybe they will have a mag or two for it. those also seem as rare as hens teeth.

My experience at the show today reflects only my opinion

The show is a tiny fraction of what it was. The vendors are doing no buying. One fellow stated to me "This is the worst show of the year". I was twice told, We don't have any money and once were not buying anything. Some tables were laden with lots of black guns at still inflated prices. On others there is some reflection of reality with S&W AR 15 sporters going for as low as $645. Used handguns were plentiful. Bulk mil surplus ammo was prominently available and I saw sealed eastern block crates for as low as .25 a round. Lots of knives, jerky etc.

It was nice to see some of our local vendors.

I asked one vendor why people were not buying and he responded "Obama and stuff like that". Seems Mr Obama was to blame for a shortage, and now when there's product, he is blamed for people not buying.

I doubt I will ever go again.

Admission $10, parking $8. One small hall room only.

Not buying? Well that seems a positive sign, to me.. maybe the gouge dealers will fall over and prices will come back down.

Freaken flippin A, people seriously need to stop panic buying... it's ruining the industry

Not worth going to anymore. I find I am better off going to the high volume stores and I will usually find what I want for the best price already anyway.

Accessories? The deals just aren't there, the vast majority of dealers are selling over priced cheap Chinese crap. You really are better off ordering what you want online.

Ammo... supply is getting a little better, you can find deals on reloads, but overall prices are still on the high side.

And, if you are REALLY into the "Old Man Bubblegum", the very best Oregon show is just around the corner. The Collector's show toward the end of August, usually held at the Airport Holiday Inn. Once a year, displays (for competition/education) as well as sales tables, and I'd wager not an AR accessory or Beanie Baby table in the whole enchilada.

I kind of like the fact that all my "Old Man Bubblegum" does stuff when I'm not even shooting it. Stuff like appreciating in value.

Yep, that is a fun show. I went last year and enjoyed myself. I did see 2 Vietnam era AR's there.

I wish desperately that I knew what kind of things were deals, and worth picking up, and what are gouging prices. Not experienced enough to tell the difference yet.

Blaylocke, then the gunshows are your Huckleberry.
Naysaying aside, there are a lot of really knowledgeable and friendly folks behind those tables, and many of them get more from the conversation than they do from sales.

My Missus and I look at the gun shows as a show... We plonk down our entry fee, get our stamp, and traipse around the show learning and handling (after asking permission) many different kinds of firearms.

We're not new to firearms at all... and we learn things *every* show.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top