JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry you've only met people who have skewed your view so negatively.
Lol... no, my view is not skewed towards negative. It is realistic.

I've met plenty of illegals who are "kind and hardworking" but also refuse to learn the language and customs of the countries they're now occupying. And no where did I say they're all like that, as I've met plenty who are trying to make a better life for themselves and their families... but to begin doing so by breaking the laws put in place to protect the other "kind and hardworking" legal citizens of this country is the wrong way to go about it. What does that teach their children? That it's ok to break the law, lie, cheat, and steal?

-Robert

Maybe I am eternal optimist, but even with the amazing accomplishments our country has achieved, which is the most beautiful experiment in liberty in human history, the best is still yet to come.
My hope is that you're right, but my fear is that we're making the same mistake the Romans made, turning against what made them great, a Republic that incorporated everyone in favor of totalitarian leaders who told them to fear people with a different religion (Christians) and lying politicians who convinced the populace that immigrants (Germans) were the source of all their woes. When that populace turned to violence, attacking innocent women and children, (the families of the very people guarding the boarder) the Romans fell to the real threat and Latin became dead language. We're worried about some desperate refugees and people seeking a better life, while ignoring that fact that we've been under assault from Russia, China and North Korea for 5 years with disinformation campaigns and cyber attacks. Russia especially is stoking every political disagreement into a life or death struggle and we're falling for it.

Last Edited:
It's a stew, not a melting pot.
I believe that America was and is a melting pot but STEW is a good word to use too!

Thank you.

I believe in LEGAL immigration NOT illegal aliens = criminals.

Catherine = An All American Mutt, errr, Lady. I am not a HYPHENATED American. I have a heritage that I am proud of but I am an American. Plain and simple.

My hope is that you're right, but my fear is that we're making the same mistake the Romans made, turning against what made them great, a Republic that incorporated everyone in favor of totalitarian leaders who told them to fear people with a different religion and lying politicians who convinced the populace that immigrants (Germans) were the source of all their woes. When that populace turned to violence, attacking innocent women and children, (the families of the very people guarding the boarder) the Romans fell to the real threat and Latin became dead language. We're worried about some desperate refugees and people seeking a better life, while ignoring that fact that we've been under assault from Russia, China and North Korea for 5 years with disinformation campaigns and cyber attacks. Russia especially is stoking every political disagreement into a life or death struggle and we're falling for it.
Maybe I don't know a damned thing? Are you saying it's Russia, China and North Korea's fault our country is where it's at currently?
Sounds totally WTF? to me.

1623595252377.png

Are you saying it's Russia, China and North Korea's fault our country is where it's at currently?
No I'm not. I'm making two points. First: Rome had problems, but instead of addressing them, they sought scapegoats. The real threats grew and destroyed them. Our dependence on technology is a vulnerability that is and has been being exploited by real threats. The newly minted destroyer captain knew we were at war the moment he saw the Japanese sub in Pearl Harbor an hour before the bombs fell. Russia, China and North Korea are roaming all over our country with the modern equivalent of submarines. Shots have already been fired: the attack on Sony by NK, Russian attacks on the fuel pipeline a couple weeks ago…(read This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race, by Nicole Perlroth)

Second: the issue of legal or illegal is silly. Many if not most people are here illegally because they overstayed, or acted outside their visa. Some fix this by marrying Donald Trump, then bring their families over through chain migration. If legality is really the issue, then we should all be happy to know that the second someone who crosses the boarder says "asylum" they ARE here legally until ther case is adjudicated. Problem solved, so about Russia, China and North Korea…

"Melting pot" is utterly incompatible with the absolutist identity politics which permeate the dumbest members of virtually every group of people in the US today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top