JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Through an interesting set of circumstances, I met a gentleman who is working for an ammunition distributor selling steel cased ammo. Not my favorite product by any means. I tell my students "They are awesome if you WANT to practice your malfunction drills" but like most, with complete paucity of ammo, I'm considering this.

I want to see if there is any interest in creating an ammunition buyers Co-Op. They only sell in pallet quantity. I'm confirming how many cases they fit on said pallet (I'm assuming 50 but you know what they say about that) and what freight will be but the case price today would be $350/1000. More than I want to pay but less that it is in the wild. If enough of your are interested, we can chat offline. Hit me up as greg(at)defensivearts(dot)org.

Also, feel free to comment here about what your CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts are around the use of steel cased (TulAmmo) ammunition.

If you want to train and dont have the access to brass ammo whether it be from money or availability why not use steel. The newer stuff isnt like it used to be with the lacquer coating having the ejecting/ feeding issues the coating is thinner and not as prone to heat sticking issues.

I reload so it's a non issue for me but I do keep a supply of 9, 40, 45 and 223 on hand for when I dont feel like picking up brass. I shoot on private property so leaving some steel behind isnt an issue but I could just use a magnet......
If someone comes along needing some plinking stuff I can always offer it to them. I havnt had an issue with the new coatings and it works just fine in all my firearms.

If you want to train and dont have the access to brass ammo whether it be from money or availability why not use steel. The newer stuff isnt like it used to be with the lacquer coating having the ejecting/ feeding issues the coating is thinner and not as prone to heat sticking issues.

I reload so it's a non issue for me but I do keep a supply of 9, 40, 45 and 223 on hand for when I dont feel like picking up brass. I shoot on private property so leaving some steel behind isnt an issue but I could just use a magnet......
If someone comes along needing some plinking stuff I can always offer it to them. I havnt had an issue with the new coatings and it works just fine in all my firearms.
Nice! Thanks for that update. I had such a bad experience when it first came out that I've allowed my prejudice to prevent me from trying it again. I'll pass on your views to others. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top