JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you be interested?

• Yes, to participate

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Yes, to volunteer

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes to participate & volunteer

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No (let me know why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Checking in to gauge interest. There have been a lot of ruminations about starting a .22 rifle match, similar to or an offshoot of the NLR22 group.

This would be something that would be available and open to all. May end up as a fun shoot but depending on what comes about, there may be a suggested entry per/rifle or participant. (part of it to recover costs for steel target sets)
The proceeds would be going towards a non-profit that does firearm education for kids.

Hoping to get some stuff together either this month or next to present to the Executive board at ARPC. There is a 150y range just south of the main range that is not utilized and these matches could be operated on that range.
Still all in the works but we will see if this is something I can get an approval to put on. I see no reason why not. This would be run by volunteers & RSO's

I have about half a dozen people I know that would find this fun, any of you NWFA peeps think this would be interesting too?

I would be in for sure. I know at least five people from the Eugene area that would come on a regular basis.
The caveat is you would have to have it on a weekend where there isn't already a match.

If on a Sunday Id like to give this a shot and meet some cool forum members.
Good feedback, the scheduling may present its self as Sunday/Saturday options to accommodate different options.

I would be in for sure. I know at least five people from the Eugene area that would come on a regular basis.
The caveat is you would have to have it on a weekend where there isn't already a match.
Good Feedback.
Non-interference would be the plan.

I am not familiar with that type of match. Can you give some details?

Check out some courses of fire in the link above. Would be similar to these CoF, there are different classes for those who compete with different rifles etc.

I really want to get into NRL22 and started to put together a base class rifle. Just make sure that they are not on the same days as the TCGC and Claskinie(so?) matches.

What sort of equipment would be required? Could a pretty basic scoped 10/22 be used? Or would I simply get my arse handed to me by $1000 guns?

What sort of equipment would be required? Could a pretty basic scoped 10/22 be used? Or would I simply get my arse handed to me by $1000 guns?

So, I'd like to say that this would be something built upon competing against those with similar firearms/platforms.
Basic 10/22's with irons would be different than 10/22 with optic etc.

Also really want to gear this out towards kids too so they can be involved.

Hopefully I can get some ideas on if this would work, allowed and if the board is even open to it.

The awesome thing about NRL 22 is most 22's shoot well enough to be competitive in these matches. The key take away is for someone who is new and wanting to do well.
- having a clear scope with the ability to Dial is a huge advantage and It must to hold zero.
- knowing the dope on your gun is extremely important for 22 matches.
- 22 ammo is wildly different from manufacturers, know 100% how it performs in your rifle and stick with what performs well.

You definitely don't need a $3000. 22LR to compete. There were always be people looking for the competitive edge and willing to buy a mechanical advantage to have their name at the top of the list.
This is true in every match and everyone has their own reasons for shooting and competing.
Don't let somebody else's reasons be your reasons.
I get a lot of enjoyment shooting the 10/22 and like position practice. These matches seem to be slower pace with lots of strings of fire which is fun and entertaining and anyone can do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top