JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
**queue the James Bond theme music**

Just acquired this beauty yesterday. It is the Walther PPK/S built in the U.S. by Intermarms. It's test firing date is in September of '97 and it is in absolute mint condition. I'm going to take it out to day and see how it does. I especially want to see how does compared to my Bersa Thunder 380.

922170_150710498443261_615265325_o.jpg

I have one of this model and I absolutely love it. It is reliable and accurate. It eats anything I feed it. I put on a nice set of rosewood grips for a little more girth and grip.

I did send it at one time to Cylinder & Slide in Nebraska. They are magicians with this model and can smooth it up if you need it.

The only knock on these I'm aware of is the slide takes some force to operate. Sometimes it is too much for the weak handed.

That's a nice piece, but I would prefer having one in 7.65 mm Browning. I'm sorry, but if you want a "James Bond" pistol, you need to have it in the caliber Ian Fleming wrote into his novels.

I'm not much for the .380, but it could be viable if you shoot ball ammunition in it. It should be European ammunition if you want some decent performance from the pistol.

Scott

Took the PPK/S and the Bersa Thunder 380 (and a few other firearms) out to the Tillamook Forest today and put about 200 rounds through each of them. Both of them are fantastic guns. The Bersa is slightly more comfortable to hold. Didnt have any issues with slide bite on the Walther like I have read about. The slide is on the Walther is a bit stiffer on the Walther, but it's not bad. I am very happy with Both guns. The Walther seemed to be a little bit more accurate (or rather to keep on target), but it was kind of an unfair accuracy test, since we were outside shooting at bowling pins at about 50 yards (or so). Both rpaid fired just fine. The only problem with the both .380s is that 7 rounds goes too fast (I need a 50 round mag for them both... LOL)I am anxious to get them both to an indoor range and fire at some paper targets at five yard intervals. Anyway I am very happy with the Walther (and the Bersa).

Thanks for the report Soren, I have a Bersa Thunder .380 Combat and it is a very comfortable gun, but I'd love to try a Walther! I'm looking for some good locations in the forest to shoot besides Brown's Camp. Can you give any detailed info on where you went to shoot?

Thanks for the report Soren, I have a Bersa Thunder .380 Combat and it is a very comfortable gun, but I'd love to try a Walther! I'm looking for some good locations in the forest to shoot besides Brown's Camp. Can you give any detailed info on where you went to shoot?

This is where we went http://goo.gl/maps/RHRyg. Along that same road there are several places to shoot. Some of them are very shallow if you are only going to shoot handguns. We had several rifles with us, so we needed the deeper area.

keep the walther dump the bersa

No way, I'm keeping them both. And I think I'm going to start to keep my eye out for a Colt .380 Government next.

Had the day off yesterday and went to Threat Dynamics in Tualatin to shoot both the Bersa and Walther. I ran about 50 rounds through each (PMC Bronze). I did get a slightly tighter grouping out of the Bersa (at 15 yards) than the Walther. However (probably because I haven't shot it enough, the hits from the Bersa were lower than where I was aiming. The recoil was little bit more out of the Walther than the Bersa. The grip in the Bersa is more comfortable. However, the Walther just feels better and more solid when you are just holding it.

Which one is better over all? I don't know. I love them both. Even though I have the back and gold Bersa Thunder, the Walther PPK/S is the winner for iconicness.

Beautiful gun and a very lucky find. I'm not sure what you paid for it, but it is far better than the S&W product. Besides being more exact to the original design, producted by Ranger Arms for Walther, it's harder to find rhem looking that nice.

Also, I noticed the amazingly low serial number. FANTASTIC!
It might be because I blocked out the last three digits of the SN. :D

I almost feel bad for shooting it. I was talking to my gun pusher (at the shop I bought it from) and told him that when I took it apart (after I got it home), it looked almost brand new. He said that the previous owner said that he never shot it. So, even cooler, a brand new 16 year old gun. I'm going to keep my eyes out for another one that I'll shoot on a regular basis and keep this one mostly put away. I'd love to get my hands on a blued (or black) Interarms PPK/S.

Most of the Walther PPK series get shot very little. Some are carried alot but many are safe queens. Most of mine are that way. I had a German, blued PPK/S that I purchased in 1977, carried every day, and shot most every trip to the range. I was shooting thousands of rounds per month back then and that Walther probably had 7500 bullets through it without a hiccup before I sold it to my coworkers wife. She carries it now everyday.
The Ranger pistols have had some parts breakage problems with the ejector and safety lever IIRC. Not real common but reported. Soren do your research on Waltherforms for things to watch for and congrats again on a sweet purchase.

I had one, had to sell.
I think the PP denotes police pistol (in german) , the k denotes "kurtz' (short) grip /s denotes "stainless". A PPk would be blued. I still have my PP in 7.65mm. very nice pistols!

Yes and no. The PP does stand for Police Pistol. PPK actually is Polizeipistole Kriminalmodell, translated into English is Police Pistol Detective Model. However it does mean that is smaller and more concealable. I am not sure what the "S" stand for, but it isn't stainless. Because of the Gun Control Act of 1968, and that the PPK was too small, Walther created the PPK/S which was a combination of the PP and PPK that would meet the U.S. import regulations. The Gun Control Act of 1968 does allow for U.S. manufacturing of the smaller pistols, so in '77 Walther contracted Interarms to distribute the PPK (and the PPK/S) and were built in the U.S. by Ranger. The PPK holds 7 rounds and the PPK/S holds 8.

The PPK is a variation of the PP with a shortened barrel and a shortened grip length designed for a more compact package.

The PPK/S features the short barrel of the PPK with the longer grip length of the PP.

I've owned all three and in all three available calibers....and prefer the PP.

It is good to see that they are re-introducing the PPK/S in .22 LR. The original version was a fine gun. Hopefully the new version will live up to that, but something tells me it won't.