JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there's a bunch of questions you need to go through like what type of gun, what it is going to be used for, what your experience is dealing with firearms, what you know about the law and guns, how you are going to carry. ect. ect. ect. you need to put in a lot of homework finding these things out and many more and you at the very least is get a lot of training your and your gf's life depends on it and not just from the bad guy but your freedom on the legal standpoint also.the purchase of a handgun should be at the end of your todo list

there's a bunch of questions you need to go through like what type of gun, what it is going to be used for, what your experience is dealing with firearms, what you know about the law and guns, how you are going to carry. ect. ect. ect. you need to put in a lot of homework finding these things out and many more and you at the very least is get a lot of training your and your gf's life depends on it and not just from the bad guy but your freedom on the legal standpoint also.the purchase of a handgun should be at the end of your todo list

Thank u for ur reply. I recently went to the gun show and almost walked out with my first gun. I decided to wait and ask more questions. I was thinking of a 380 butt from what I saw and was told im convinced that a 9mm is is my choice.

I think 9mm is a good choice, but echoing what oknow said, there's a lot of questions to think about because there are lots of options.

My advice regarding your girlfriend is to make sure she picks out something she wants, not the gun you think she wants. I recommend she takes a look at Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat. It's written by a female firearms trainer and while no substitute for hands on, supervised instruction and borrowing/renting guns to try, she provides lots of information, including several articles on choosing a firearm, particularly for women.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top