JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will you and your family be safe? They are not getting a lot of support from the politicions so how would it affect you should they stay home? Not just a few days but a few months without any cops, could ya'll get through life without them?o_O

If they stayed home from their jobs I'd never notice it personally.
If they stopped their after hours volunteer community oriented stuff as well ... they would be deeply missed around here...but given the cops I know locally...that wouldn't happen.

The transient population is big around Eugene/Springfield. As bad as petty crime and not so petty crime is now, without cops it would be much worse.
Saying that without Cops protecting them, the transient population might thin out a bit too.

I'll live just fine.

I have the ability to drive my wife to work, pick her up. Be with family the entire day.

It depends on what rose up in the place of publicly paid law enforcement. I would like to think that good folks would find a way to keep society moving forward. Government does not have a monopoly on rule of law, a republic is a far better solution than the police state.

Jim, interesting thought. Yes, my wife & I would be safe. I have never counted on law enforcement to keep us safe. That is our job to protect ourselves. That being said, however, I am sure without law enforcement presence, the crime rate would skyrocket, in which I would have to change a few things in my daily routine.

Jim, interesting thought. Yes, my wife & I would be safe. I have never counted on law enforcement to keep us safe. That is our job to protect ourselves. That being said, however, I am sure without law enforcement presence, the crime rate would skyrocket, in which I would have to change a few things in my daily routine.

Just wondering if people realize that anarchy would be all over the country very quickly if the cops get fed up with the way it's going. They are told what laws to enforce by politicions and when someone gets hurt enforcing those laws the politicions blame the cops. Funny how the cops get the blame for what they are told to do.

Anarchy starts then no laws will be followed by a lot of people. Traffic will get dangerous and just going to a store will leave your family open to hoodlums. Yes the cops go overboard on occasion but it's the politicions that are supposed to keep them in line. Killing a man to enforce cigarette laws is just flat stupid law, it's what a stupid politicion wrote up.

The cops can turn their back on crime, anyone here want to be the victim?o_O

It'll go back to might makes right...

Better be willing to pull the trigger. Few dead bodies laying around will deter others.

Kinda a silly question though.

Cops stay home, gov issues martial law - same tune different day.

I'm not sure martial law would cover the bases. Martial law may be able to stop localized looting but they're not trained or equipped to enforce day to day laws. I would expect a run on groceries/batteries/gas...in the event the blue line vanishes. I suspect most everyone will be impacted.

Don't worry. The those in law enforcement have bills to pay and many have mouths to feed.
I don't see them quitting anytime soon either. What I think will start happening will be a hesitation to enforce or even a "look the other way" attitude in certain neighborhoods with certain people doing certain crimes.
Why stick your neck out and get it chopped off by your Mayor or the community?

For a long time the pendulum was swinging wrongly too much in favor of the Police.
Now that pendulum has swung wrongly too much in the other direction.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a white Police officer nowadays. The only bias I think they show now is to treat dark skinned suspects with kid gloves. Because if a mistake is made or things go bad, expect to be crucified.

This is what Cops today are up against. Young people in our Schools are being fed this racist anti- America drivel all the time.:mad:

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-co...-tears-for-assassinated-officers-2949698.html

(Before It's News)

Following the execution of two New York Police Department officers, a Brandeis University student leader wasted no time in making it clear that she did not care that they were murdered.
"i have no sympathy for the nypd officers who were murdered today," Khadijah Lynch, a junior and an Undergraduate Department Representative in the African and Afro-American Studies Department, wrote on Twitter.
i have no sympathy for the nypd officers who were murdered today.
— Khadijah (خديجة) (@punQros3) December 20, 2014
lmao, all i just really dont have sympathy for the cops who were shot. i hate this racist f***ing country.
— Khadijah (خديجة) (@punQros3) December 21, 2014
Khadijah has also announced "I am in riot mode. F*** this f***ing country, " that "the fact that black people have not burned this country down is beyond me," and that "amerikkka needs an intifada."

It'll go back to might makes right...

Better be willing to pull the trigger. Few dead bodies laying around will deter others.

They don't have enough people to be everywhere, it would be mob rule. You might be able to get by on your own but when mob rule takes over there is no telling who they will go after.o_O

No law enforcement? I just think that some of the payback on the hooligan,s might be brutal! That would be sad! Like bringing your 9 to a 7.62N fight. :( Sad I say!

I won't reiterate what just jim said,but we rely on law enforcement all the time,like it or not.
A lot of little, and big, BS would start up,running our ammo supplies down

Just wondering if people realize that anarchy would be all over the country very quickly if the cops get fed up with the way it's going. They are told what laws to enforce by politicions and when someone gets hurt enforcing those laws the politicions blame the cops. Funny how the cops get the blame for what they are told to do.

Anarchy starts then no laws will be followed by a lot of people. Traffic will get dangerous and just going to a store will leave your family open to hoodlums. Yes the cops go overboard on occasion but it's the politicions that are supposed to keep them in line. Killing a man to enforce cigarette laws is just flat stupid law, it's what a stupid politicion wrote up.

The cops can turn their back on crime, anyone here want to be the victim?o_O
Jim, I love it. A little bit of the devils advocate. :rolleyes: I certainly realize the anarchy situation.
First off I don't live close to a city, although I do know that the city could come to me. I am as prepared
as well as I financially can be. Could it be better, yes, however the monies are not available. Make no mistake friend, when there is no law and order, humans get NASTY!, which you know. Sometimes it just isn't the crack head down the road, it could be a friend, or family, in which I am well prepared for. I have a hard time trusting anyone.{ Other than close family.} History has proven that one for thousands of years. So when I tell you that my household is safe. Yeah, as good as we can be!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top