JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know when the next IDPA match in/near Eugene will be? I'm assuming it'll be at the Izaak Walton range as always?

I've tried going to their site this last week and it's trying to redirect me to some .ru website - no thanks.

Erm. guys... get there by 0830 if you are new. Money is taken at 0900, walkthrough 0915, shooting starts 0930. Every 1st, 2nd, 3rd saturday of the month.

The match schedule is the same

1st saturday of the month - USPSA
2nd saturday of the month - Steel
3rd saturday of the month - IDPA

Erm. guys... get there by 0830 if you are new. Money is taken at 0900, walkthrough 0915, shooting starts 0930. Every 1st, 2nd, 3rd saturday of the month.

The match schedule is the same

1st saturday of the month - USPSA
2nd saturday of the month - Steel
3rd saturday of the month - IDPA

How many rounds?
How many mags?
What do most use for pistols?
Can a 13-year old also do it?

How many rounds?
How many mags?
What do most use for pistols?
Can a 13-year old also do it?

Round count differs between the 3 games. I bring 250 rounds to each competition, and the most I have used for any competition is 210, the average is around 180ish. USPSA has the highest round count, IDPA the lowest.

The amount of mags you bring depends on the competition, and your division. I shoot single stack (8 round maximum) so I shoot USPSA with 1 in the gun, and 4 mags on my belt, 1 in my pocket. What type of gun do you want to shoot? This will determine what class you are in and also the amount of ammo you can put in your mags. IDPA is limited to a 10 round maximum in your mags.

Pistols change depending on the competition. Glocks, M&P, and 1911s are the most common.

I believe a 13 year old can shoot as long as they follow the safety rules and guidelines, I will double check.

Round count differs between the 3 games. I bring 250 rounds to each competition, and the most I have used for any competition is 210, the average is around 180ish. USPSA has the highest round count, IDPA the lowest.

The amount of mags you bring depends on the competition, and your division. I shoot single stack (8 round maximum) so I shoot USPSA with 1 in the gun, and 4 mags on my belt, 1 in my pocket. What type of gun do you want to shoot? This will determine what class you are in and also the amount of ammo you can put in your mags. IDPA is limited to a 10 round maximum in your mags.

Pistols change depending on the competition. Glocks, M&P, and 1911s are the most common.

I believe a 13 year old can shoot as long as they follow the safety rules and guidelines, I will double check.

I have many of the above, but would use a Beretta 92F most likely (9mm cheaper). The son is a Oregon Hunter Safety course grad and is on a youth shooting team. We both would be beginners (class). Is there a grader/range safety officer behind each shooter? We are just looking to learn and practice.

I have many of the above, but would use a Beretta 92F most likely (9mm cheaper). The son is a Oregon Hunter Safety course grad and is on a youth shooting team. We both would be beginners (class). Is there a grader/range safety officer behind each shooter? We are just looking to learn and practice.

yes, there is a range officer behind each shooter that holds the shot timer, enforces rules and ensures that all safety guidelines are followed. i might recommend the steel shoot or idpa if u guys are just starting out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top