JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I regret joining Oregon Firearms Federation . The reason is because of all the dumb arse replies and miss information I see posted in some of the threads that I have read in the short time I have been a member. Makes me want to join the ranks of the ANTI gun coalitions.

I will not renew my member ship.

DAB

Donald Bench.

Alas, I too have dropped membership in OFF. Instead of keeping focus on firearm issues the leaders of OFF constantly verged off into senile conservative anti-government issues, which can only alienate ordinary people from pro-gun issues. One email to OFF members was railing against a particular public employee retirement fund injustice where a few executive retirees were actually making more on pension than they did on salary before they retired---but failed to mention that this was TWENTY YEARS ago and that the pension funds have been revised several times since then to fix such issues. I'm sorry to say: OFF should stick to firearm issues only, and keep their personal right-wing senility to themselves..............................elsullo

Alas, I too have dropped membership in OFF. Instead of keeping focus on firearm issues the leaders of OFF constantly verged off into senile conservative anti-government issues, which can only alienate ordinary people from pro-gun issues. One email to OFF members was railing against a particular public employee retirement fund injustice where a few executive retirees were actually making more on pension than they did on salary before they retired---but failed to mention that this was TWENTY YEARS ago and that the pension funds have been revised several times since then to fix such issues. I'm sorry to say: OFF should stick to firearm issues only, and keep their personal right-wing senility to themselves..............................elsullo

We'll miss you....:s0058:....You're right, OFF is definitely a place where you'll get your pro-liberal feelings hurt, but they bash any Conservative nonsensical BS also ...........:s0155:

I don't see any "real" pressure to change laws coming from anyone but OFF? Lip service doesn't get legislation passed. If not OFF then who? Sometimes people don't take the long view, in this case the enemy of your enemy is definitely your only friend in the Oregon legislature, I don't see NRA doing much more than talking.

I don't see any "real" pressure to change laws coming from anyone but OFF? Lip service doesn't get legislation passed. If not OFF then who? Sometimes people don't take the long view, in this case the enemy of your enemy is definitely your only friend in the Oregon legislature, I don't see NRA doing much more than talking.

This pretty much sums it up......because in my short experience with writing my Reps, (Mitch Greenlick), doesn't get a lot of traction. OFF at least organizes the masses to contact the legislature.....

Well, that's my point: is OFF doing more harm than good in its efforts, when conservative propaganda not related to gun issues is their spillover side dish? Preaching to the conservative choir is not going to win any new "liberal" converts. The point is to win over NEW believers in firearm freedoms in government, not to drive them away with conservative propaganda...........................elsullo

I don't belong to very many pro-gun organizations. It's not that I'm anti-gun. Quite the opposite. I contact and visit my representatives on gun issues. I pay attention to the issues. I encourage my friends to become active in the shooting sports. I have worked in the firearms industry.

But for me to join a pro-gun group, I too want them to stick to gun issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm not liberal. Very far from it. But it is my opinion that the pro-gun message gets diluted when groups that are supposed to support gun rights divide their time and energy to other endeavors. It dilutes their effectiveness. Stick to your pro-2nd amendment agenda. If I want to belong to an organization that supports other political ideologies, then I will join and become active in a political party.

Just my two cents worth...

Yeah I have to say I have been very impressed with OFF and the info and services they provide on Gun issues in Oregon. I have not seen anyone else that looks out for our rights like they do, and I'm very happy to donate to them. I hope they continue to look out for us and I will continue to support them.

I don't remember seeing the pension emails but I know I wouldn't care to see them. I don't care to see a firearms lobby pushing unrelated issues regardless if I agree or not. That said I appreciate what the OFF does as far as lobbying for firearms rights.

I don't remember seeing the pension emails but I know I wouldn't care to see them. I don't care to see a firearms lobby pushing unrelated issues regardless if I agree or not. That said I appreciate what the OFF does as far as lobbying for firearms rights.

Yeah I don't remember ever seeing them either. The only emails I have gotten were regarding 2nd amendment issues.

Well, that's my point: is OFF doing more harm than good in its efforts, when conservative propaganda not related to gun issues is their spillover side dish? Preaching to the conservative choir is not going to win any new "liberal" converts. The point is to win over NEW believers in firearm freedoms in government, not to drive them away with conservative propaganda...........................elsullo

Is there a link? I've not gotten any emails/alerts about anything not related to gun laws in the past 2 months.

If you are a liberal then you will always be the minority in such an organization. You either care enough about your gun rights to put up with the other stuff or you dont.
The folks operating the organization should not have to worry about putting their views out there regardless of what they are. Folks are free to come and go as they please.
Give your $$ to a liberal pro 2A political action group.

If you are a liberal then you will always be the minority in such an organization. You either care enough about your gun rights to put up with the other stuff or you dont.
The folks operating the organization should not have to worry about putting their views out there regardless of what they are. Folks are free to come and go as they please.
Give your $$ to a liberal pro 2A political action group.

Is there even such a group? I've never heard of one, seems like it would not be to well received anyway.

I regret joining Oregon Firearms Federation . The reason is because of all the dumb arse replies and miss information I see posted in some of the threads that I have read in the short time I have been a member. Makes me want to join the ranks of the ANTI gun coalitions.

I will not renew my member ship.

DAB

Donald Bench.

I hope you will remember that dumb arses are people too

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top