JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it's pre-64 because my dad got it before then though it may have been used. It has issues, a hairline crack in the butt-stock neck, some spotty surface rust and generally filthy.

IpY0XdO.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to be snarky. Central north olympic peninsula is PA-Sequim.

I have this one as well. I think it was gramps (but not the one he shot his leg off with, thank goodness) and its definitely not in as good shape.

5nRqGHK.jpg

Hey...... I deserve worse than snarky. :s0108:

The big .45 gun cleaner pad will take off rust down to white metal. And leave the bluing alone.
Just wash the suspended rust out when done and let dry.

I have used it on a few old 94's also. The thing is magic.

Last Edited:
Remington Oil and 0000 steel wool is what I've used - doesn't hurt the blueing and doesn't require much scrubbing.

Just make sure you oil it really well after doing whatever you choose to clean the rust off.

Remoil and 0000 steel wool is ok in a pinch, but is more abbrasive and isn't the best.

Flitz isn't anything stand out to me, but it does have the advantage of leaving a good protective layer after using it, so you'll not get flash rusting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top