JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This tomahawk has an 8" wide head and a 4" blade with a long "beard". The spike on the other end is a mean thing and not a toy. The handle on the tool is The full tang 'hawk is forged from 1075 High Carbon Steel hardened to 55-56 on the Rockwell hardness scale. This tomahawk is forged in El Salvador on German tooling and is 14 5/16" from the top of the blade to the end of the tang. The handle is wrapped with 550 Paracord.

This 'hawk set me back $59.90, but I think that it will be well worth the money.

OTOH, I bought a Este framing axe for 12 clams and took a grinder to it.

015.JPG 016.JPG

This guy?
Condor Tool & Knife, Tomahawk Axe, 8in x 4in Blade, Paracord Handle with Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5T27YA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_yzVACbW9WVWD9

I'd recommend looking at these I've got three. One in each car and one for backpacking. There are extremely nice for the money. Use the one that I keep in my pack all the time. Edge stays sharp under normal use. The saw is great for yielding 4-6" trees to produce timber for fires.

Ganzo Axe GSA01-YE Nylon and Glassfiber Handle Survival Axe w/ serrated knife and firestarter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAIBTCD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_MBVACbTRWSEE3

upload_2019-2-18_10-18-0.jpeg

That's the boy. It should arrive tomorrow (today being President's day and all). Yes, the 1075 High Carbon Steel will hold a great edge and the 55-56 Rockwell hardness should allow it to take a healthy amount of pounding while remaining in one piece.

As a battle implement, it should deftly cleave a skull.

The 'hawk arrived today and it is sharp on both ends! The blade has a "chopping" edge that will bifurcate a bad guy's skull as "quick as a wink". The spike is nasty! (I would hate to be on the receiving end of a blow from it).

This piece of steel is well worth the price paid. It is light enough to change direction in mid-stroke (a definite plus during an interpersonal altercation). This Tomahawk is a real piece of "hell on wheels".

The 1075 High Carbon Steel blade is perfect for the purpose. It will hold a great edge, yet can still be easily honed to a "persuasive" edge. Believe me when I tell you, this will really "leave a mark".

I can, without reservation, heartily recommend this "tactical tomahawk".

Manny:

The holster unsnaps at the top and access is a tad slow. For pure ease of access, I leave the 'hawk propped upside down right next to the bed where I can silently grab the weapon when I hear something going "bump" in the night.

This particular tomahawk isn't "right" for everyone. If you want a "Vietnam" (Lagana-type) 'hawk with a "roofing hammer" grip, I would recommend the Estwing Black Eagle Tomahawk. You can buy them on Amazon for about $37.00 (including shipping). The Estwing has a 2.75" blade and a healthy spike on the other end. The handle is filling and it is also full tang. They use 1070 High Carbon Steel and it can also change direction in mid-stroke. (I want one of these as well).

The Estwing can quickly kill by burying either the spike or the blade deeply int the skull of an opponent. I like to call them "instant mothertrucker". (Or "Aspirin for Kim Jung Un").

Last Edited:
Captain O,

Thanks for all the great information.

Do you have something you practice on to hone your skills deploying your Tomahawk as once back when I was in Basic Training and AIT in the Army - we had practice dummies (of sorts) for bayonet practice?

Are there particular type martial arts movements with the Tomahawk?

Again harkening back to my Army experience, we had 'on guard/horizontal/vertical' butt strokes that when done efficiently were very effective...

Manny:

It is my pleasure. In the right hands, these weapons can be extremely effective. If a few 'bad guys' receive a "deep" hair part, my feelings wouldn't be hurt. Keep yourself safe and "watch your six".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top