JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
Seattle
State
Washington
I am looking for a gunsmith to re-tread scope base mount holes in my Browning X-Bolt and install a scope ring. I just purchased used Browning X-Bolt with Vortex Viper HS-T, and the first time I took the rifle to a range, the scope rings got loose. More specifically, base mounts got loose. This evening I tried to tighten the T15 6-48 screws using a torque screwdriver, but I realized that half of the screws have damaged treads and that two mounting holes on the receiver have damaged treads as well. Thus, I am looking to find a skilled gunsmith who can retread the two damages holes and install scope rings. I pay well and in cash. I will wait for a couple of days to see if I can find someone in Seattle area to fix this problem, and if I can't I will send the rifle to Browning to get fixed.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I am looking for a gunsmith to re-tread scope base mount holes in my Browning X-Bolt and install a scope ring. I just purchased used Browning X-Bolt with Vortex Viper HS-T, and the first time I took the rifle to a range, the scope rings got loose. More specifically, base mounts got loose. This evening I tried to tighten the T15 6-48 screws using a torque screwdriver, but I realized that half of the screws have damaged treads and that two mounting holes on the receiver have damaged treads as well. Thus, I am looking to find a skilled gunsmith who can retread the two damages holes and install scope rings. I pay well and in cash. I will wait for a couple of days to see if I can find someone in Seattle area to fix this problem, and if I can't I will send the rifle to Browning to get fixed.
Dang. Sorry to hear that!

You can send me just the barreled action. I can redrill and tap all four holes to 8-40. Then modify your ring mounting holes for the new screws.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.