JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agree with the author on everything except the kleenex. I carry an actual lens cloth in case its needed and only as a last resort. I started using lens caps on all by the nicest of days, they do an amazing job of keeping the dust off on even dry days tempting you to wipe the lens clean. Coastal sword fern spores on a nice day can get overwhelming, if I'm busting brush off trail I like to put the lens caps on.

One thing he didn't mention is buying a scope with a wide field of view (FOV) in the first place. An amazing amount of variable powered hunting scopes have really small FOVs. I didn't know about this for a long time, my longest kills were on a couple pronghorns in the desert and was happy to have my scope cranked up 18-20x... but those hunts are rare and an exception and hunting coastal environs even eastern Oregon environs most shots are under 100yds I was getting frustrated getting a fast close in sight picture even on the lowest power. Once I learned the cause I bought a Leupold with a 38 foot FOV . The only downside is they cost more.

I see people at my range sometimes with a hunting rifle and a 34mm hog leg bolted to the top. I always wonder what they're trying to achieve.

I see people at my range sometimes with a hunting rifle and a 34mm hog leg bolted to the top. I always wonder what they're trying to achieve.
They want to brag on the price of the scope rings.
Pizza Yes GIF

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top