JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My understanding is if you build your own AOW it's only a $5 tax stamp
No that's the transfer tax, it's 200 to build your own. I'm wondering if a Class 2 FFL has to pay that as well or if it's included with their SOT, I know suppressor manufacturers can do things that normal people can't like build prototypes.

It costs them quite a bit to maintain their license. I would suspect you would not save any money, unless to know them well, and they offered to "manufacture" you an AOW from your donor firearm for cost.

It may be easier to just fill out the paperwork and send in your $200. Once approved, you could then attach that vertical grip, etc.

No that's the transfer tax, it's 200 to build your own. I'm wondering if a Class 2 FFL has to pay that as well or if it's included with their SOT, I know suppressor manufacturers can do things that normal people can't like build prototypes.

The 02/07 SOT ( Special Occupational Taxholder )pays a flat fee for his license. That includes everything he builds. No additional tax per gun or NFA item. Transfers to a non licensee of AOW's are $5 with everything else NFA $200.
You MAY find an SOT who will Form 2 your items and transfer them back to you on a form 4 for a nominal fee. I wouldnt hold my breath on that though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top