JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
Anderson
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
puyallup
State
Washington
Zip Code
All lowers when first purchased require a background check as mandated by Federal Law

a lower by definition under washington state law does not fit the definition of a firearm

rcw - "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

ffl's can do sameday transfers of others in washington at this time

in washington you must transfer a "firearm" thru an ffl

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
nope a stock/brace on a lower does not changed the lower designation. only when a completed upper assembled does a lower fit in the category required by law

Good to know. Still belongs in the rifle or pistol section as they require a background check.
Been that way for 10+ years around here.
Regardless hope all is well and glws 😉

actually in Washington legally you only need to do a background check on a lower on initial purchase. as per washington state law it is not considered a firearm by definition.

just fyi

Interesting. Still needs a background check and listing belongs in the rifle or pistol classifieds. 😉

Seriously, so you are saying only the initial purchase requires a background check. So does that mean this not being the initial purchase a background check is not required? May want to clear that up.

What i said is under washington law a lower is not considered a firearm by the state's definition.

All federal laws still apply.

What i said is under washington law a lower is not considered a firearm by the state's definition.

All federal laws still apply.
You didn't answer my question.
Ok it's not a firearm, but all federal laws apply. So what do you mean when you say only the initial purchase requires a background check? You are implying after the initial it's no longer required. Please clarify.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.