JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
READ THE WHOLE THING!!! HOORAY FOR FLORIDA!!!!

MASS exodus of Florida

Only 49 more states to go!
Hooray for Florida !

I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies anddeadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional? It's a legal requirement

that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?

Let's get welfare back to the ones who need it, not to those who won't get a job. I AGREE, DO YOU?

I think this should apply to cigarettes and alcohol also...

Yup, in my line of work I see people dropping $50 for liquor and another $6-$12 for smokes and in there wallet sits an Oregon trail card. I ask them what they are doing that night{just chit chat while ringing them up} and gettting drunk is what I hear most often. I would hope to hear they are buying it for someone else because spending there available cash on drink and smokes means money that could be spent on there children will not be, or money to help them better thereselves wont, the list goes on and on.

I am a HUGE fan of giving people a hand up but am very much against handouts. But with the redistribution of wealth plan that is going on I had better get used to the fact that people will keep there hands streched out as long as the goverment will continue to put something in it.

But back to the post. Two thumbs up for Florida.

The only problem I see with this, is who ends up paying for their "treatment"? If they have to pay for it themselves, then they obviously don't "need" the welfare. If the taxpayers foot the bill for that, too, it's not that much of an improvement..... Yaaay to Florida for at least trying to fix this problem

How is this unconstitutional? It's a legal requirement

that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Since when is it a legal requirement to pass a drug test in order to get a job?

I'm happy it passed, but let's not turn to making up facts to support the cause. That's what the gun grabbers do.

Also, knock off the coding. It looks bad and was executed poorly.

Ok, on further review, this happened in July of 2011 and was pretty much shut down in October of the same year.

Fredball seems to be spamming old chain emails... Poor form

I think it is piss poor program.

I believe if you do some more research, you will find the test saved the system about $200,000yr, but cost the state about $20M to run the program. Only 2% failed , another 2% refused. that is it. Is the problem really big enough to cost the tax payers that much. Tripping over dollars to save pennies.

I think it is piss poor program.

I believe if you do some more research, you will find the test saved the system about $200,000yr, but cost the state about $20M to run the program. Only 2% failed , another 2% refused. that is it. Is the problem really big enough to cost the tax payers that much. Tripping over dollars to save pennies.

That sounds about right.

Any and all government jobs it is legally mandated to have a drug test. Any job messing with air waves regulated by the FCC, federal law requires drug test, and job revolving around an FFL, federal law, requires a drug test. Most state jobs also have laws enacted that require drug tests. Most insurance companies that insure businesses either require or significantly reduce the cost of insurance for "drug free" work places, which require random drug tests. It is illegal for a business to operate in most circumstances without insurance. So by proxy drug tests are legally required, which is why places require them, if it weren't legal, then no one would take them.

Since when is it a legal requirement to pass a drug test in order to get a job?

I'm happy it passed, but let's not turn to making up facts to support the cause. That's what the gun grabbers do.

Also, knock off the coding. It looks bad and was executed poorly.

So unless your delivering news paper where in society can you be employed with responsibility and not be required to pass some sort of drug screen unless your a gubberment pay recipient
PS Mrniceguy is a moron and is spamming

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads