JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm speculating about test-firing a .22 inside my house in a residential area. In a concrete basement of course.

While doing some maintenance on a few older semi-auto .22s (replacing springs, polishing ramps, etc.), it would be super handy to test fire them downstairs vs. driving across town to the range after each adjustment.

Not target practice. Just post-maintenance functional checks, firing almost point blank into something that will catch everything safely while I cycle through a couple mags.

I know that a phone book stops .22 rounds. But I'm picturing something a lot more durable and foolproof. Ideas?

This is just another reminder to me that I desperately need to retire and move out of the city so I can step out my back door and rattle off a few rounds whenever I want to. Soooooooon...

Thanks for ideas, pictures, links, etc.

Maybe a bucket full of sand on top of a couple of phonebooks for redundancy. Whatever you decide, it would be a good idea to test first at the shooting range to ensure functionality.

A peice of 6 inch steel pipe with a cap on one end about two feet long with about 8 inches of sand in it. I have been using mine for almost 15 years you can prop it up with almost anything and I have hay bales stacked behind it just for saftey sake

A peice of 6 inch steel pipe with a cap on one end about two feet long with about 8 inches of sand in it. I have been using mine for almost 15 years you can prop it up with almost anything and I have hay bales stacked behind it just for saftey sake

I was going to suggest building a snail trap but his solution is so much cheaper and better

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top