JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This may well work great. I have been saying for decades. Almost all who carry for a while end up with at least a few, if not a box, of holsters they bought and for some reason did not like. When E-Bay came along it was great for this and for finding holsters. Would be great to have a section here for the same. So many times what one person likes is what another tries and never uses again.

Great idea. Photos essential, list identifying. Maybe a 'wanted' section. How to best use forum sections in place already, or create new thread?

I have several holsters, so I understand how fast they can pile up lol.

But I have use for all of my holsters, but I think this is a good and useful idea.

I like to see how and where this goes.

I have dozens of spare holsters. Seldom do I part with them.

However...I peruse the Items Wanted ads often, and when I see a feller looking for a holster, and I can help him out, I respond.

I'm going to compile some spares & post a photo soon to see what evolves in this idea.

(ETA ~~***Embarrassed look***~~) so it seems I already got rid of considerable surplus so recently forgot they were gone...:confused:

Last Edited:
I'll definitely be going through all the holsters I have lying around. Even some lady holsters that my wife never used will be added.

Yep save a decent amount of money! Kudos to you! I'll start need a decent holster for my gen4 g21!

I've got a Bianchi Carry-Lok leather pancake holster for the Glock 21 / 20. It conceals fairly well, especially with such a big gun. Locks the gun in automatically on holstering, takes a little practice to actuate the release lever, but you can get it down pretty well, especially if you've got good dexterity with your pinky (they intended for the middle finger to be the release, but I hate giving up that much grip on the draw) - I carried a Glock 17 in one of these, as well as in the nylon duty holster version with this retention mechanism for a few years. Its yours free if you're willing to drive out to Beaverton to grab it at some point. No hurries, as its just sitting in a drawer.

Still looking for a nice leather holster made for my Ruger Security Six with a 6" barrel. I have seen a lot that will fit multiple brands and types, but none specifically made for my Security Six.

It would be interesting to look through other's piles of holsters and compare them with mine.

In the days when Bianchi made a holster specifically for the Security Six, although it was stamped S6, it was identical in size and geometry to K Frame Smith. Even now that Bianchi no longer stamps one as S6, their fit chart calls for the same holster for either gun.
Thanks @WAYNO , I will look it up.

Status