JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I had 8lbs of H4831SC (all same lot number 5195) and I just opened them a few days ago and put them all in an empty 8lb container. I thought this was going to work for my 6mm but it's just a little to slow burning. So my loss is your gain. Fresh 8lb jug. Looking for $190 FTF. I bought these for $28/lb so this is a pretty good deal. First come first serve. No trades. Don't low ball or I wont even respond. Thanks!

Seriously? You never mix the same the SAME powder from the SAME lot? Weird, I shoot competitively, and I've always done it, as does everyone else I shoot with, and my smith who's been shooting benchrest for 30+ years, oh and his #1 guy who has won MANY national benchrest championships, does it. You must know more then all of us though. Maybe you can teach those benchrest guys something they don't know about accuracy.

For your information mixing them smooths out any inconsistencies amongst all 8lbs and makes the whole lot more consistent. You probably already know that though. Why don't you call Hodgdon about doing it and see what they say.

If you have nothing intelligent to add to a post then you shouldn't say anything. This isn't mixed powders of different types. Identical powder, same lot number all bought at the same time. One 8lb jug takes up a lot less space then 8 1lbers not to mention for the added benefits mentioned above.

How many matches have you won this year?

Seriously? You never mix the same the SAME powder from the SAME lot? Weird, I shoot competitively, and I've always done it, as does everyone else I shoot with, and my smith who's been shooting benchrest for 30+ years, oh and his #1 guy who has won MANY national benchrest championships, does it. You must know more then all of us though. Maybe you can teach those benchrest guys something they don't know about accuracy.

For your information mixing them smooths out any inconsistencies amongst all 8lbs and makes the whole lot more consistent. You probably already know that though. Why don't you call Hodgdon about doing it and see what they say.

If you have nothing intelligent to add to a post then you shouldn't say anything. This isn't mixed powders of different types. Identical powder, same lot number all bought at the same time. One 8lb jug takes up a lot less space then 8 1lbers not to mention for the added benefits mentioned above.

How many matches have you won this year?

yikes, short fuse?

Just don't have patience for the "Internet guru" who loves to chime in with all his "knowledge". For what it's worth the competition I shoot is Long Range, if it screwed with powder at all I'd know about it. Here's someone who said it better then I:

This is based on the 3% that Hogdon sates LOTS can vary from one to another (again is powder is all the SAME lot).

"That theoretical difference is only when the two powders are still in their original containers. Once you mix them, you will never get a greater variance from the mix then of any one alone. If you have a pound of +3 and a pound of -3, thoroughly mixed, you end up with a powder exactly at the manufacturers targeted burn rate. If both powders are +3 and you mix them, you still end up with +3, not +6. In other words, you can not end up with a "bad" load simply by mixing them. Yes there may be the same small difference in velocity/accuracy/pressure as between lots themselves, but it will not be any greater and no more dangerous. In theory, the equaling out by mixing them if there is that great difference will make the end result closer to manufacturers intentions. How much this equals out is dependent on how much volume there is of each powder."

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top