JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 17

Sorry had 2.

I hate M and P triggers. I shot a friends 2.0 and it is suposed to be better (it is) but it still sucks IMO. VP9 would hands down be my choice if I had to choose between the 2 you listed. Good ergos and good trigger. Size to capacity is t quite there for me. It is a bigger gun with the same number of rounds as 17 and 2.0

I say buy a gently used 17 (tons of cheap ones in the classifieds) and throw a trigger in it and some HDs on it and you are around the same price maybe a tad more than a vp9. Plus you get three mags and they are cheap compared to other manufactures.:s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159:

Last Edited:
I have an M&P 2.0 and vp9. My preference is the vp9. I took a training class this weekend and used the M&P. The trigger is worse than the vp9, the slide release is very hard to release and sometime during the day the grip tool that holds the back straps in fell out. I am not impressed at this point. I really had high hopes for it.

Tacpro, I looked at both and though I have not fired a vp9 I have a few thoughts...

The MP 2.0 reminds me of the Glock ftf's. Grip well but I can't help but think it could rub skin raw. I'm not sure what carry scenario. Maybe iwb? I have no clue. I had a mp45 and only got rid of it for an ar15 trade...I still regret the trade. Midsize, night sights, trusted it with my life. Never had a mp9. The triggers get bad reputations but for nothing I think. Each striker fired gun will have it's own mushy take up, and each person will tell you what they think breaks nicer. I think argument between an MP and Glock OEM trigger is not worth even talking about.

The vp9 struck my curiosity but for the price I see "higher end" pistols at I'm seeing a trend, imo anyway, with pistols asking for a premium and no night sights...Just my opinion but once you exceed 600 dollars I think people deserve night sights.

I still own a glock 17 third gen...I honestly doubt the newer gens. My vote is if you find a third gen for a good deal...Buy it.

The VP9 feels great. I dont like paddle magazine releases. Aftermarket support wont be as extensive.

I have been carrying the M&P 2.0 since I bought one last month. Carrying it IWB and it doesnt bother me at all. I always wear a t-shirt so it never touches my skin. Its more aggressively textured than the RTF texture. Its more similar to the SIG E2 on steroids. Ive been carrying the original M&P on duty with over 10k through it and have had no issues.

After shooting my m&p 2.0 I am going to sell my glock. The trigger is night and day difference from my gen 4 glock 17 but not as good as my sig. It is my night stand gun so I dont carry it. I have also never shot a VP9 though to help in that comparison.

Get the one that is the most comfortable to you. Personally I'd just get the 2.0 and drop an Apex trigger in it if the trigger bothers you. It'll still be cheaper than the VP9. Plus mags, accessories, parts will be less expensive.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I have an original M&P, a 2.0 and multiple Glocks. I've shot a buddy's VP9 and the only I didn't care for is the European style mag release. But I like them all. I just prefer the M&P's grip and ergonomics. Plus they're only $450 compared to the $600+ VP9.

Get the one that is the most comfortable to you. Personally I'd just get the 2.0 and drop an Apex trigger in it if the trigger bothers you. It'll still be cheaper than the VP9. Plus mags, accessories, parts will be less expensive.

Out of the box VP9 is ready to go. Why buy something that needs after market support to make it run? The extra money spent on HK upfront over its service life is cheaper in the long run. Until you shoot the VP9 side by side with its competitors then it's strong points put it in the front. People have put over 90,000 rounds threw HK pistols with the lowest failure rate tested and other pistols choke at less than 2,000 from the testing done by the late Todd Green.
pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » P30 Thursday: Week Forty-Two
The part that finally broke on the HK P30 is user replaceable on the VP9 also.
And on a side note paddle release is less likely to be bumped by your duty holster ejecting the magazine when reholstering.

I don't think you need aftermarket support to make any of these guns "run". I was mentioning changing things out to tailor them to the personal taste of the owner. Like modifying the trigger that I mentioned.

And the vast majority of people will never shoot 90,000 rounds. Most guns never see 1,000.

Quite a group in that market segment.
VP9, G19, FNS-9, PPQ-M2, M&P 2.0
Probably missed some....CZ P-10 is vaporware at the moment.
I would try as many as you can.
From field reports, PPQ-M2 has the best trigger of the group.

After being in the middle of a armed robbery in December my opinion have changed a little.
Reliability.
Factory stock.
At least 10 rounds.
CCW but usable sized.
9mm +p HST/Gold Dot

Look also at the new Sig 320 compact, they have been winning a lot of contracts lately with the Govt/LE.
And there LE/Military discount program is as good as Glocks.

Glock 17

Sorry had 2.

I hate M and P triggers. I shot a friends 2.0 and it is suposed to be better (it is) but it still sucks IMO. VP9 would hands down be my choice if I had to choose between the 2 you listed. Good ergos and good trigger. Size to capacity is t quite there for me. It is a bigger gun with the same number of rounds as 17 and 2.0

I say buy a gently used 17 (tons of cheap ones in the classifieds) and throw a trigger in it and some HDs on it and you are around the same price maybe a tad more than a vp9. Plus you get three mags and they are cheap compared to other manufactures.:s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159::s0159:

Dude. That's just rued!

Glock 19, 23, 32. :D

With a little file and polish you can get a clean two stage trigger.
And you can replace any part in 20 minutes, for $20 or less. [Except the stupid $65 striker.]

And parts?
Everywhere!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top