JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my buddy has a taurus tracker with about 5000 rnds into, he's still blasting that thing and keeps it in his sock drawer. Which means its his night stand gun, so if he keeps that gun to defend his life, i'm sure its still very nice piece to have.

I have owned several Taurus revolvers in my life in calibers from 17 HM2 to ultralight .44 magnums. I hesitate to buy new Taurus guns. A "high round-count" would be a red flag for me. Just my two cents worth...

As for the definition of a high round count, that would depend. Specifically for a .357 magnum, it would be important to know how many of the rounds fired were full-house .357 magnum and how many were .38 special.

That's a fairly high count, but better than being 2000 rounds of .357 Magnum. I think Taurus revolvers are hit and miss, so. The round count would be a yellow flag for me, but not red. The overall condition would be more important. Does it look like it was well maintained between range trips?

2000 rounds of .38 doesn't seem like much to me, I've put that many through one gun in a few range trips. It depends more on how the owner takes care of it, and the initial build quality.

My thought was that a lemon would squeeze itself out early rather than later and would rather have one with higher mileage than the one that was barely shot. But all things being equal I'd rather judge with my hands and eyes...

High Round count means different things to different people. I would ask exactly how many is high. I know some guys that call 1500 a high round count. My IPSC pistol has probably 30K through it and it is just as tight as when I got it. Keep it clean, and oiled and you should be fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top