JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've built a few ARs before and am now about to build one from a Noveske lower. I've used PSA, CMMG and a few other Lower Parts Kits and found them all adequate. I'm looking for a really top notch LPK for this build - I've got a very nice grip and trigger picked out and I'd like the other lower parts to also have a smooth, quality feel to them. I don't need fancy ambidextrous controls or a Gunfighter charging handle, I just want better quality than normal. I've poked around but found nothing. Can anyone make a recommendation?

out of curiosity, if you have a trigger and grip picked out what difference does the springs, detents and roll pins mean to you if they are mil-spec? does the trigger you want require anti walk pins? if so, at that point you are only looking at a couple more parts

im not trying to sound condesending or rude im just wondering

out of curiosity, if you have a trigger and grip picked out what difference does the springs, detents and roll pins mean to you if they are mil-spec? does the trigger you want require anti walk pins? if so, at that point you are only looking at a couple more parts

im not trying to sound condesending or rude im just wondering
No offense taken. The trigger doesn't require anything special. I've built several AR lowers and want one that's got a higher quality "feel". When I flip the safety or press the magazine release, I want it to feel smoother and more precise than my other builds.

Thanks everyone! Special thanks to Nocaster. After some additional research I'm going with the BCM Enhanced Lower Parts Kit. The grip and trigger will find homes in lesser builds.

Now what's your favorite charging handle for a suppressed gun? I'm not looking for a fancy ambi or extended handle, but I would like one that fits tight enough that I don't get gasses sprayed into my face when I have a suppressor attached.

I would get those anti rotating pins. You are changing the trigger ,the detents are a nothing change,you could get those take down pins with the big heads on them. I like the ones from YHM
Do you tap the safety detent spring hole at the end ?
Then put the little plug in there. Makes it easier when you just have to have the newest buttstock lol
Haven't done a build for a while, doesn't the trigger guard come in the lpk? Maybe a glove size guard?

I would get those anti rotating pins. You are changing the trigger ,the detents are a nothing change,you could get those take down pins with the big heads on them. I like the ones from YHM
Do you tap the safety detent spring hole at the end ?
Then put the little plug in there. Makes it easier when you just have to have the newest buttstock lol
Haven't done a build for a while, doesn't the trigger guard come in the lpk? Maybe a glove size guard?
Got a Geissele SSA trigger for this build, love the pins that come with it. I have never tapped the safety detent spring hole, thanks! A nice trigger guard comes with the BCM kit. I've got a Magpul guard on one of my builds and I really like it.

Geissele actually recommends against use of any anti roll type pins too. FYI `I was going to recommend a BCM parts kit but you already had a trigger and grip, so its a waste of money. A Colt parts kit without trigger can be found online usually from G&R. I have used a Stag/CMT in my Noveske, but have also used DPMS and Anderson all with different triggers and grips, I believe all the "guts" are relatively similar. Good luck with the build.

Also wanted to add....I believe BCM Gunfighter charging handles are the best. The mod 4 is the medium sized one. I have a mod 5 (large) on one of my builds because it is easier to grap with optics on top. Something to think about.

No I have no experience with suppressors....Edited to add: the BCM Gunfighter has been updated the last couple years to include a raised ridge around the top that is supposed to decrease gas blowback and I'm sure it works as designed. There are a otheroptions to consider though PRI, Raptor ect.

The reason you won't find a complete "high end LPK" is everyone who builds a "high end" rifle wants something different . Different triggers mostly,different grip,maybe just springs.
A company could put them together and unless there was fanboys that only bought that brand,they wouldn't sell many. Plus most guns source a lot of their gun's parts,not make them in house.
That's my 2... well maybe only 1 1/2 cents:rolleyes:

Now what's your favorite charging handle for a suppressed gun? I'm not looking for a fancy ambi or extended handle, but I would like one that fits tight enough that I don't get gasses sprayed into my face when I have a suppressor attached.

You sir should look into a PRI M84 Gasbuster charging handle. I picked it up to try on my suppressed 300 blackout and it has been wonderful! It diverts enough gas that I can run the setup without eye protection.

It's a simple design with a nice sized latch that isn't obnoxious, as far as I'm concerned anyways.

20160709_093618.jpg 20160709_093714.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top