JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Selling this for my Mother-in-Law so no trades.
$425 Shipped.
OR $400 FTF in Central Oregon
Please check if your FFL will accept shipment from me directly or do I need to go through my FFL, I'll have to find out what they charge since I've never sent, only received through them.
I've seen these in various condition online between $450 - $900, but there are not a lot of them floating around.
The "Military" portion in the title/stamped on the gun designates this as a Civilian model based on the Military one (obviously :roll:)
I've run 2 mags through it, loads like a Ruger Mark.
It does have an odd feel to it as the back 3 inches are the slide so its half way between the feel of a Ruger Mark and a normal handgun slide. Shoots right on target.
Holster IS included and is as nice as it looks.

Specific pic requests will be posted as soon as possible.

Adding at request (should avoid the weekly bump:s0155: )
Other side, and other shots too, I'm no PPenguin at gun pics so the more the better chance I've got.

Last Edited:
HD Militarys are an overlooked pistol for someone who wants a finely machined gun that shoots almost better than any other .22 auto. I have one (not quite in as nice shape) that will run rings around my friend's Browning Medalist.

Not a good idea to feed them a steady diet of "high velocity" long rifle ammo. They will take it for a time, but not forever, because the buffer spring was set up for the old Standard Velocity ammo. Besides, these guns shine best when fed target-grade pills.

Also DO NOT attempt to remove the slide unless you know the "chinese puzzle box" procedure. It is easy, but just as easy to do wrong, and you end up jamming the buffer spring hopelessly. (Voice of experience.)

The holster: Lawrence or Eubanks? Sure looks like one of 'em. None better.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but you might be a bit high on your price. I always look at these at shows (because I have one and like them), and dogs can be found for $275, nice ones for around 400-425. I found one last fall, mint in the box for $525, but that is collector grade.

Always such a pleasure to find "good ol' guns" here. A privelege to see it.

+2 on the HDM.

An outstanding .22 auto and my favorite of the Hi Standard line. Probably better than anything comparable made today except for perhaps the SW 41. I have owned a couple over the years. Sometimes the HS magazines can be a bit finicky, but most are fine. A great gun for friendly competition or for .22 handgun hunting with iron sights.

The HDM has an interesting history. The OSS and the early CIA used them with silencers for certain kinds of social work in era just after WW2.

Selling this for my Mother-in-Law so no trades.
$4250 Shipped.
OR $400 FTF in Central Oregon
Please check if your FFL will accept shipment from me directly or do I need to go through my FFL, I'll have to find out what they charge since I've never sent, only received through them.
I've seen these in various condition online between $450 - $900, but there are not a lot of them floating around.
The "Military" portion in the title/stamped on the gun designates this as a Civilian model based on the Military one (obviously :roll:)
I've run 2 mags through it, loads like a Ruger Mark.
It does have an odd feel to it as the back 3 inches are the slide so its half way between the feel of a Ruger Mark and a normal handgun slide. Shoots right on target.
Holster IS included and is as nice as it looks.

Specific pic requests will be posted as soon as possible.

Adding at request (should avoid the weekly bump:s0155: )
Other side, and other shots too, I'm no PPenguin at gun pics so the more the better chance I've got.

That is some serious mark up on shipping! :s0131: :s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

Another historical anecdote about HD Militarys:

Francis Gary Powers was an American spy-plane pilot that was shot down over the USSR (then captured) in what I recall may have been a U-2 aircraft. (Late 50's/early 60's?). A high-altitude glider-wing plane with muffled engines: early attempt at stealth technology.

The Soviets made great mileage on the fact that on his person was an HD Military. To them, this proved beyond a doubt that he was a hostile enemy of the people. (As opposed to the U.S. contention that he was in an unarmed reconnaisance aircraft.) I believe the gun is now in the Kremlin museum.

Testament to this gun's legendary reliability and earned respect.

Another historical anecdote about HD Militarys:

Francis Gary Powers was an American spy-plane pilot that was shot down over the USSR (then captured) in what I recall may have been a U-2 aircraft. (Late 50's/early 60's?). A high-altitude glider-wing plane with muffled engines: early attempt at stealth technology.

The Soviets made great mileage on the fact that on his person was an HD Military. To them, this proved beyond a doubt that he was a hostile enemy of the people. (As opposed to the U.S. contention that he was in an unarmed reconnaisance aircraft.) I believe the gun is now in the Kremlin museum.

Testament to this gun's legendary reliability and earned respect.

Gary Powers gun is in a museum and is missing the Safety lever for some reason. The Russians tried to sell it for too much years ago when they were going through some shrinking pains but backed off soon afterwards.

Heres mine for a suggested serving suggestion...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top