JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First post and I just wanted to say hello.

I'm a humble, yet grump old army vet In my 50's. Earlier this year I picked up a new 92FS and another one a month later, one is USA made and the other Italian, both purchased from Palmetto, the first one has signs of bad machining on the barrel, IMHO (my bad for not catching it during FFL Transfer) Palmetto doesn't want to hear about it since it was transferred and Beretta is acting as if I've put 10K rounds through it even thought it hasn't even been chambered with a single round. They expect me to pay shipping on a newly purchased firearm.

The Italian build is another story, it's as designed, slightly different finish and gorgeous!

Im new to Beretta's so if anyone would like to chime in, feel free!

All the Best,

Rich

EA491EC7-9011-4285-8636-B438E42A455C.jpeg

Last Edited:
Hey guy, First post and I just wanted to say hello.

I'm a humble, yet grump old army vet In my 50's. Earlier this year I picked up a new 92FS and another one a month later, one is USA made and the other Italian, both purchased from Palmetto, the first one has signs of a bad build IMHO (my bad for not catching it during FFL Transfer) Palmetto doesn't want to hear about it since it was transferred and Beretta is acting as if I've put 10K rounds through it even thought it hasn't even been chambered with a single round. They expect me to pay shipping on a newly purchased firearm.

The Italian build is another story, it's as designed, slightly different finish and gorgeous!

Im new to Beretta's so if anyone would like to chime in, feel free!

All the Best,

Rich

View attachment 741346

Welcome, damn shame about the pistol. It needs to go back. Any FFL can send it back far cheaper than you can. See if Palmetto will at least send it back for you with you paying the cost to ship. As soon as it gets back to them they can see it has not been shot so hopefully they will fix it. That one slipped past the QC checks.

Welcome, damn shame about the pistol. It needs to go back. Any FFL can send it back far cheaper than you can. See if Palmetto will at least send it back for you with you paying the cost to ship. As soon as it gets back to them they can see it has not been shot so hopefully they will fix it. That one slipped past the QC checks.

Thanks Alex,
Palmetto said they won't do anything (their bad), this thing must have been a early Monday or 4:45 build while QC left early. Another interesting thing is that the grip screws are not slotted but, hex head. Not used on a factory 92fs that I'm aware of.

It's unbelievable that this pos ever left the building.

Thanks for the reply and the FFL shipping tip! I've sent this link to Beretta so they can see this FUBAR pistol issue should be handled.
Hopefully, it'll provide some encouragement for them.

Thanks Alex,
Palmetto said they won't do anything (their bad), this thing must have been a early Monday or 4:45 build while QC left early. Another interesting thing is that the grip screws are not slotted but, hex head. Not used on a factory 92fs that I'm aware of.

It's unbelievable that this pos ever left the building.

Thanks for the reply and the FFL shipping tip! I've sent this link to Beretta so they can see this FUBAR pistol issue should be handled.
Hopefully, it'll provide some encouragement for them.
That's a shame they will not at least help you send it back. That would be the last time I ever bought anything from them for life. With a little luck you may be able to get the manufacturer to send you an RMA. If not all you can do is send it back yourself which is costly. Check with the warranty people at the place see if they will at least help. If there is another dealer you have dealt with before here? They may be willing to help. If all else fails you will I guess be stuck paying the shipping back. FFL's can send these by USPS which is far cheaper than the common carriers since they want you to send it next day air.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

Sucks about the pistol, Beretta should make it right. Go up the manufacturer CS chain and then go up "corporate" if they play you off. Someone will get it handled just to get rid of you.
I had to do that with Ruger over a half lug GP100 after they lost it for almost a year. :rolleyes:

That's a shame they will not at least help you send it back. That would be the last time I ever bought anything from them for life. With a little luck you may be able to get the manufacturer to send you an RMA. If not all you can do is send it back yourself which is costly. Check with the warranty people at the place see if they will at least help. If there is another dealer you have dealt with before here? They may be willing to help. If all else fails you will I guess be stuck paying the shipping back. FFL's can send these by USPS which is far cheaper than the common carriers since they want you to send it next day air.

"That's a shame they will not at least help you send it back. That would be the last time I ever bought anything from them for life"
————————————————————————————————
Exactly what I decided! No way I'll ever purchase from Palmetto again. I was a customer for 10 years. Never again, they simply don't care about their customer.

Welcome Aboard.

Sorry to hear about the poor customer service and troublesome pistol. That was supposed to be brand new not a police trade in or military surplus?

All of the new firearms that I've bought from PSA have been exactly what was advertised, brand new. A couple Sig Sauers, a couple mossburgs, Springfield Armory and a Century Arms.

Something doesn't sound right.

Welcome Aboard.

Sorry to hear about the poor customer service and troublesome pistol. That was supposed to be brand new not a police trade in or military surplus?

All of the new firearms that I've bought from PSA have been exactly what was advertised, brand new. A couple Sig Sauers, a couple mossburgs, Springfield Armory and a Century Arms.

Something doesn't sound right.
Yep. Advertised as brand new.

Yep. Advertised as brand new.
Sadly this happens now and then even with better known brands. Humans run the place, now and then something slips by. Sucks if you are the one who gets it but it is part of life. What is bad when people who sold the gun will not lift a finger to at least help get it sent back. It's so much easier for them to send it back. I can understand they are not a "shop" so all they did was receive and transfer the gun but, they could at minimum help you get it returned even if they wanted you to pay what it costs them. I would also hope the manufacturer will make it right once they see it.

Sadly this happens now and then even with better known brands. Humans run the place, now and then something slips by. Sucks if you are the one who gets it but it is part of life. What is bad when people who sold the gun will not lift a finger to at least help get it sent back. It's so much easier for them to send it back. I can understand they are not a "shop" so all they did was receive and transfer the gun but, they could at minimum help you get it returned even if they wanted you to pay what it costs them. I would also hope the manufacturer will make it right once they see it.
Great News today!

Evidently the NWF message board carries some weight. After a month of going back and forth with Beretta customer service to no avail, I sent them another message with a link to this post. Suddenly @ 5:55 AM this morning, I received a email from Beretta stating that they will prepay shipping and check out the 92 to make it right. Kudos to Beretta on this and thanks to you guys for commenting!

I'll update as this goes forward!

Thanks!

Great News today!

Evidently the NWF message board carries some weight. After a month of going back and forth with Beretta customer service to no avail, I sent them another message with a link to this post. Suddenly @ 5:55 AM this morning, I received a email from Beretta stating that they will prepay shipping and check out the 92 to make it right. Kudos to Beretta on this and thanks to you guys for commenting!

I'll update as this goes forward!

Thanks!
The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Glad someone there finally woke up. Hopefully you will get a new gun like you paid for shortly. :D:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top