JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Surrounded by tons of oak and maple canopy and the only visitors, other than customers, are deer, black bears and raccoons.
I'm a retired toolmaker that spent 16½ years as a tool maker and part time doing gun repair and then for the last 35 years full time gunsmithing.
I'm a contributing editor for "American Gunsmith" journal and have had 150+ articles published in that tome.

As a side line, my passion is getting the old Stevens Favorite rifles back to, or better than what they initially were.

I do not join ANY forum to blow smoke up anybodies tail pipe. I only reiterate, from 50+ years of working on Ruger Mark pistols and many other .22 rimfire firearms as to what I've found that works. My notes are extensive as to what I've found and my posts are sincere and I'll back them up to a wall. If anyone has a differing experience......prove it, let's discuss it like most MEN do, and I'm not immune from admitting my errors. I'm not a "MASTER" anything and I'm always willing to learn more, and if you're not of the same ilk, I pity you.

Last Edited:
We is mostish friendly here, as my presence, from near Belgium, would indicate. As with any forum of strong-minded people, there will undoubtedly be family spats from time to time, but I've learned that it's mostly down to my limited experience of shooting stuff. Y'see, I didn't start until I was six, almost sixty-eight years ago, and clearly have much to learn.

So get yourself a mug of Joe, pull up a log, sit yourself down, and join in.

Welcome to NWFA !
Glad you found us and looking forward to your commentary !

It's sometimes hard to understand @tac writing in the King's English and all.
Additionally, the Border Patrol seized his Sense of Humor and won't give it back.

:)

Welcome!, a great group of people here and I am sure we are happy to have you and hope you share your knowledge with everyone here.:)

Well, thank you sir and I appreciate the welcome. I've always been an advocate of sharing "valuable and helpful" information as acquired. It benefits no one if helpful interjection isn't passed along. So, I'm always open with inquisition that is involved with what I've experienced concerning Ruger Mark .22 pistols.
welcome to NWFA, and appreciate your previous Ruger comments.

Do you entertain inquiries here in open forum or via private 'conversation'??

Probably be best sent in a "private message" or email. Don't need to ruffle any feathers. ;)

Welcome to NWFA !
Glad you found us and looking forward to your commentary !

It's sometimes hard to understand @tac writing in the King's English and all.
Additionally, the Border Patrol seized his Sense of Humor and won't give it back.

:)

The late King died in 1952.

My main excuse is that English is not my first language. Never fear, you'll probably get used to it after a while. I DO tend to be somewhat literal and often forget that I'm not teaching any more. So I'll make a few apologies in advance.

Be sure to let me know when I've used them up.

74a0335b065223c75bbe08ca6304319d.jpg

Welcome aboard. My wife (@TeacherSmurf ) has family over yonder in WI.

When I hear the word Wisconsin I remember hot humid ruck marches, ditch swimming, and mosquitos at Fort McCoy. That and the fried mushrooms and frog legs at local bars.

Welcome to NWFA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads