JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am finally getting my hands on "The gun that won the West" Winchester 1873. Anyone have some 44-40 brass and components as well as pet loads they would be willing to sell/offer? Anyone else here shooting a 73?
Thanks for the help.

Original or reproduction? I shoot both in cowboy action, the original i shoot only black powder. The reproductions I shoot both BP and smokeless.
PM me about brass and lead.

I am finally getting my hands on "The gun that won the West" Winchester 1873. Anyone have some 44-40 brass and components as well as pet loads they would be willing to sell/offer? Anyone else here shooting a 73?
Thanks for the help.

Original or reproduction? I shoot both in cowboy action, the original i shoot only black powder. The reproductions I shoot both BP and smokeless.
PM me about brass and lead.
Thanks k7 ... when I tried to send you a conversation I receive a "not allowed" message. Nor sure why??

K7
Thanks for the reply! I bought a new Winchester (Japan gun) 73 that I hope to receive in a week or so. So I am gathering components/dies etc to get started reloading 44-40. I have reloaded quite of few different pistol and rifle cartdriges over the years but never 44-40. I also shot with the Orygun cowboys for one season (Wichita). That was all .38 handloads. So I'll probably start with a cowboy type load in the 44 and go from there. I am very interested in shooting wild buch but never seen a match.
Much Obliged