JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys,

Need some help on the value of a Remington Wingmaster 12ga. that was manufactured in 1953. It belongs to my dad. It was given to him by his father about 15+ years ago and I can count on one hand, how many times it has been fired since then.

There is absolutely no sentimental value attached to this gun. My dad does not want it or have use for it (neither do I), so he would like find a new home for it.

I'm just trying to get a ballpark value. It has a 30in barrel with a full choke and original wood stock and forearm. It's in decent shape for as old as it is and has not been re-blued. I will post some pics when I have some free time.

Thanks

If its in nice shape they run from $250-450.00 You don't mention if its a 3" chamber or the 2 3/4" (more likely given the age) A 3" would be worth more then a 2 3/4"
decent shape for as old as it is
means nothing age has nothing to do with how condition is viewed with reguards to value.

What condition its in will have a big deal to do with its value. Close up well lit photos in the 600-800 pixel range will allow a better appraisal.

even enhancing your photo shows almost nothing of the condition of the gun.

1v66_zpsc367e2cb.jpg

It does how ever show the Corn Cob Pump which is very desirable and will tack at least 50 bucks onto the value of the gun. The Corn cob can fetch as much as $75.00 alone. When you can find one for sale.

This appears to be a 1953 Wingmaster 870 AP

The AP was the entry-level Wingmaster 870. It was introduced in 1950 at the time fancier alternate grades were also offered and it distinguished itself by its "corn cob" fore grip

Your gun shows some honest wear and except for being a fairly early 870 and having the Corncob forestock its nothing special so would sell as a shooter.

I'd put retail on it around $300-325.00 it could look better in hand if so then $350.00

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top