JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

What kind of old revolvers do you collect and bring back to life?

Thank you for welcoming me !

In France all kind of firearm is restricted. To own a revolver or a pistol, you have to be member of a firing range for at least a year and then ask for a state authorisation for each gun you want to buy. You must ask it again each 3 or 5 year. The only guns you can have without authorisation are old guns before 1900.
Few years ago i was a registred gun owner (SW 586 and Grand power 9mm), but i became bored of the French firing range where you can only shoot at 25 m on an olympic target. There was no fun at all. Son i sold my guns and give back my state authorisations.

Now i've started to collect old revolvers : Remington 1858 44 black powder, French 1873 army revolver 45 black powder, Iver jhonson 38 SW.

With those revolvers i practice only reduce indoor shooting : only a primer with a little piece of flash paper and a rubber bullet specialy made by a French company.
With this i'm able to shoot at 15-20m with a good precision ! Noise is just like a 22 short.

52b017e6eed86816a880063a219b12ec.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, have you shot a Modèle 1892 in 8㎜? Some were made prior to 1900, so some may be obtainable without the license you mentioned. I've found them mechanically interesting, but they are not real common here in the States, from what I've seen. Thanks. :)

Out of curiosity, have you shot a Modèle 1892 in 8㎜? Some were made prior to 1900, so some may be obtainable without the license you mentioned. I've found them mechanically interesting, but they are not real common here in the States, from what I've seen. Thanks. :)

The 1892 needs state authorisation, and i don't know why... I never shot with this one...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top