JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been lurking around awhile and finally joined a week or two back. My motivation for coming is two-fold. First I came here searching for info on my deceased uncles' guns to provide my cousin with some values. Second I want to gain some more info on handguns for self defense. I have a few revolvers and a 9mm Semi auto Taurus PT99. I would like to find some better options for concealed carry. I also have 15+/- rifles and shotguns but, being retired, plan on selling most of them at some point as they are no longer used.

I have appreciated the amount of info I have aquired here and plan to visit regularly. Seems like a great forum. Hope this wasn't TMI.

Better options for concealed carry? First do you know the laws in WA regarding concealed carry. Second have you considered open carry as an option? I know for some open carry isn't practical due to their particular jobs but otherwise I see it important both as a deterrent and to normalize the very sight of firearms. Our media has made it so people are often uncomfortable at the mere sight of a firearm and as most of us know here that is absurd. Many will also claim that they choose to conceal carry for the tactical advantage or to avoid being a target however the statistics don't support that argument. Personally I would rather someone with ill intent see me armed and leave than to have to respond when they assumed I was unarmed. Off my soapbox now. For better concealed carry options you have not provided any baseline. Better than what? What have you looked at so far? What type of firearm are you trying to conceal? What activities will you be doing while concealing? To be honest for concealed carry you have to consider all of these and they will change depending on each of them. If your out jogging with shorts and a t-shirt then one thing may work and then sitting in a vehicle driving it may be something else entirely. For concealed carry you might have 3 or more different setups to cover all of them if you intend to carry at all times. (Which I would suggest as long as your not in a gun free zone, then I would suggest avoiding such areas)

Thanks Gary. At some point I'm sure I'll list some items in the classifieds. Now that I no longer hunt those type of rifles and shotguns are really not needed. I don't have kids to leave them to so I would rather lower the inventory. I sold close to half of my guns around 10 years ago at the Puyallup gun show.

GRC I appreciate your comments. I've had a WA concealed permit since the 70's and am well versed on the law. I'll further ask advice and discuss my carry requirements in the Handgun sub forum.

Thanks

Last Edited:
GRC I appreciate your comments. I've had a WA concealed permit since the 70's and am well versed on the law. I'll further ask advice and discuss my carry requirements in the Handgun sub forum.

Thanks
Going back and reading what I posted I hope I didn't come across the wrong way. Primarily I just saw a question and there was no background there for a proper answer. Glad to have you here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top