JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I always seem to be a newbie, and here I go again. Lived in the Olympia/Shelton area for 60 years and in Bellingham for 8 years, so I'll let you do the math on my age range. Been collecting and shooting half of those years, although I collect better than I shoot - glad I do this for fun. Interested in most everything from revolvers to the 50 BMG arena - anyone with a belt-fed will probably be my new best buddy. I prefer bolt action rifles and revolvers, but have several semi auto pistols and AR's. I have a Sharp's 45-70 and would be interested in meeting with anyone knowledgeable with that rifle, especially using the Long Range Soule sight. If anyone has an area to shoot the 50 BMG and the 338 Lapua Mag, please let me know. Phil

I always seem to be a newbie, and here I go again. Lived in the Olympia/Shelton area for 60 years and in Bellingham for 8 years, so I'll let you do the math on my age range. Been collecting and shooting half of those years, although I collect better than I shoot - glad I do this for fun. Interested in most everything from revolvers to the 50 BMG arena - anyone with a belt-fed will probably be my new best buddy. I prefer bolt action rifles and revolvers, but have several semi auto pistols and AR's. I have a Sharp's 45-70 and would be interested in meeting with anyone knowledgeable with that rifle, especially using the Long Range Soule sight. If anyone has an area to shoot the 50 BMG and the 338 Lapua Mag, please let me know. Phil

Welcome. Great place here. Have been enjoying hell out of it since I stumbled onto it one night.

Welcome to a great site, been in Mountlake Terrace for a while, nam vet so yeah getting along in dog yrs too, can't help w/ your immediate needs but if ever in this area and needing some help I'm cool with that...Again Aloha.

Hello NightMan, the sharps sight you refer to is a vernier type sight if I remember correctly. The vernier works the same no matter the scale or size of the sight. You need to know your sight radius and have some field data for the rounds you are shooting in order to adjust the sight.

Do you have some specific questions on the sight? We have a lot of smart folks here. !!

~Whitney

Hello NightMan, the sharps sight you refer to is a vernier type sight if I remember correctly. The vernier works the same no matter the scale or size of the sight. You need to know your sight radius and have some field data for the rounds you are shooting in order to adjust the sight.

Do you have some specific questions on the sight? We have a lot of smart folks here. !!

~Whitney
No specific questions, just never used one. I have a Lee Shaver sight and have read the directions on how to read the scale. I can't say I understood them completely on the first couple of passes, but I have a general idea. I'm sort of a visual guy and was hoping to find a fellow shooter to join up with and toss some lead down range. Phil

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top