JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member here! I am a big time ruger fan but really interested in anyones feed back on there SR40 or S&W M&P .40 Cal Likes, Dislikes, regrets? I like ruger personally but considering its something I may depend my life on (hopefully never!) but I need it to perform FLAWLESSLY everytime! Im not looking so much for everyones opinions just the facts on a firearm you own of have owned. And NO Glocks! Seems like the ruger has to go thro a "Break in" period is this the same for the S&W M&P or is it ready to carry and depend on out of the box? Or do they all need a few hundred rounds to break in and get rid of the failure to feed and stove piping issues?

Any advice would be greatly appreciatted! And please facts only from personal experience on YOUR firearm. Thanks in advance!

Can't remark on the Ruger, but I have owned and carried a M&P 40C. Cannot recall round count, but it was flawless. More importantly for me, it fit my hand like a glove. The size, shape and texture of the grip made it a point and shoot for me. I carried it IWB at 4 o'clock without any problem. Honestly though, I have since sold it and replaced it with a M&P Shield in .40. The Shield is much lighter and narrower for a better year around carry, IMOP. Damn thing dropped it's magazine every round after round 58, so it's back to S&W for "repair". Loved the 40C. Good luck with your purchase.

Awesome Thanks! I been leaning towards the ruger but they seem to have alot of issues with there semi auto pistols. My biggest skeptatism towards the S&W are the features, Ruger's website shows every little feature (Magizine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, reversible back strap for the grips etc) A few are easy to by-pass by preference (according to other sites lol) but I dont see the point if you can get something ready to go right out the box.

But my biggest question is Do they both have the failure to feed issues til they are broken in? Is that for any pistol or just the ruger?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top