JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know if it may be worth it to take a charter out? Every time I have gone out has been summertime and I am just not sure what the fishing/conditions will be out there in the middle of January.

Doesn't look like a day I'd like to be out on.
They didn't nickname charter boats "pukers" for nothin'!

National Weather Service - NWS Portland

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT THROUGH
TUESDAY MORNING...

.TODAY...S WIND 10 TO 15 KT...TURNING W TO NW 10 TO 15 KT THIS
AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 9 FT EARLY THIS MORNING THEN
WILL BUILD TO 11 TO 12 FT THIS AFTERNOON. PERIOD AT 17 SECONDS.
.TONIGHT...N WIND 10 KT...VEERING TO E AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES
1 FT. W SWELL 11 TO 12 FT AT 16 SECONDS.
.TUE...E WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 11 FT AT
15 SECONDS...SUBSIDING TO 9 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

.TUE NIGHT...SE WIND 15 TO 20 KT...BUT E NEARSHORE. WIND WAVES 2
FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 17 SECONDS.

Last time I went, the day was gorgeous butt he Coast Guard would not let anyone out. I have a feeling that today will be like that, minus the gorgeous part.

I will keep my eyes out a few days before I do. I really hope they go out but if not, maybe I can find one just for crabbing in the bay.

Just an update. Went out Thursday morning and the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! not a cloud in the sky, id say temp was in the 40s early and got higher as they day went on. The Ocean was calm with maybe 4-5 foot swells. The boat limited on rockfish and came close on Lings plus we averaged about 5 keepers per crab pot. I came home with 7 rockfish, 1 ling and 12 crab. I will tell ya, I was not expecting that kind of weather on the coast in the middle of January.

IF THE WEATHER and OCEAN COOPERATE then a great winter day on a reasonable ocean could be very productive. You are allowed 2 LingCod, and this year if the boat skipper will find the large ones, you could be in for a great adventure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top