JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. I showed my Gold Cup to a couple a-holes in Chula Vista 28 years ago (but who's counting?). I was so shaken up I could barely drive home. But they left, and I didn't get stomped by couple of useless street-trash criminals who've probably been dead or incarcerated for decades now. Works for me.

Only twice, shotgun at home, .45 in a parking lot. Just shown no shooting, the assailants fled. I have had mugging attempts twice. The first one I tossed my pistol into the truck and gave the guy the azz kicking of his life. I figured that he mistook me for a liberal!

The first one I tossed my pistol into the truck and gave the guy the azz kicking of his life.
Never could do that, I'm the 97# weakling and now I'm almost 67 with bad knees and MS to boot.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

One night my rottie started growling and staring through the wall in the middle of the night - not the usual little growl at a squirrel on the roof or a bark at the occasional jogger running on her sidewalk. I grabbed the commander and went out to find 2 lowlife thugs in my driveway - asked what they were doing and one piped up with "uh, is John here?" I told them that they know "John" didn't live here and suggested they leave as if they were visiting a friend they wouldn't have parked half way down the block and left the car doors open so no one heard them close. The bigger guy pulled a screwdriver out and attempted to intimidate until I pulled the .45. I suggested that they leave and not come back unless they wanted to leave with the coroner next time. The next day I went to go to work, got in the old mustang and turned the key - zing klunk. They had been trying to steal the starter out of the car and had removed the bolts but hadn't disconnected the wires yet. What idiot risks their life for a $30 starter?

When I shared this event back then I got called a "mall ninja" and was basically told I was full of crap by a few posters in that thread... Whatever.

I remember that. In your initial story you didn't describe any legitimate reason for pulling the gun and then you got upset with someone for calling you out on it.

Here's your original post:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/st...street-robberies-you-basics-4.html#post571936

Kevtak questions your tactics:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/st...street-robberies-you-basics-4.html#post572957

You reply with more detail, some insults and this little gem:
You can't brandish a weapon on someone because they are a loud D-bag and talking sheit (my gun would never be in the holster if you could), ...
and the party is on at that point.

Given the quote above, it was easier to believe your original post than the details that you added later. You came off as a bit of a loose cannon with a bragging, combative writing style and your chosen moniker did not help your cause. You seem to have toned it down a bit since, but I may not be a good judge of that because I generally skip over your posts. Please don't take that to mean that I hate you - I'm ambivalent - I just don't respect your opinion.

Last Edited:
Never could do that, I'm the 97# weakling and now I'm almost 67 with bad knees and MS to boot.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Oh Dude! I would never try that now! That strength, quickness and attitude have been gone for ten years.

I've never used my firearm, but I did have to draw down once. I was leaving the house to run an errand- garage door goes up and there's a big-*** dog I've never seen on the other side. He looks at me, goes into a menacing stance, and starts to growl. I've got him in my sights with finger on the trigger when he suddenly bolts.

Turns out my neighbor down the street was dog-sitting for his (ex) girlfriend, and the stupid mutt got out of the yard. That could have potentially ruined our friendship!

I remember that. In your initial story you didn't describe any legitimate reason for pulling the gun and then you got upset with someone for calling you out on it.

Here's your original post:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/st...street-robberies-you-basics-4.html#post571936

Kevtak questions your tactics:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/st...street-robberies-you-basics-4.html#post572957

You reply with more detail, some insults and this little gem: and the party is on at that point.

Given the quote above, it was easier to believe your original post than the details that you added later. You came off as a bit of a loose cannon with a bragging, combative writing style and your chosen moniker did not help your cause. You seem to have toned it down a bit since, but I may not be a good judge of that because I generally skip over your posts. Please don't take that to mean that I hate you - I'm ambivalent - I just don't respect your opinion.

Oh I'm still quite combative, but those insults you mentioned were in reference to the lack of reading comprehension of said adversary in that thread.

Furthermore that "little gem" you pulled out was implying there are a LOT of loudmouth jerks out there, and "the gun never being in my holster" was "humor", but since leftys take themselves SO SERIOUS, have "daddy didn't love me enough" issues, are passive aggressive weasels, and can't stand to be laughed at... I can see why you misinterpreted what I wrote.

I don't totally blame you, it's a mental disorder and you can't help it. ;)

Fresh out of Iraq when I had to draw mine.

Rather large man took exception to where my brother and I were driving, followed us to a restaurant, and proceeded to detail the ways he was going to kill us.

Kindly deterred him with some choice obscenities and the end of a XD. We parted ways, he called the cops, they had us follow them to the station, and made him apologize for the confrontation.

I suppose the only time I have ever "used it" it was in a passive way, yet effective.
We used to live in a pretty good neighborhood in SW Wa, and then the druggies came. Lots of folks on my street corner, idling their cars in front of or around my place that didn't live in the area. The local turd would meet with them and then they'd split. But I got sick of it.

We called the sheriff and emailed them and took photos and all of the folks involved. But they never stopped coming around until I stared going out next to their vehicle and throwing the ball for my dog with my .357 on my hip.

They saw that, and moved elsewhere.

I carry everyday and at all times (usually concealed.)

I suppose being armed is like having a parachute.... I hope and pray I will never ever need to use it, but if I ever do, I'll be damned glad I had it.

I sometimes wonder how useful it is to carry. I know we are responsible for our own self-defense and can't rely on police to be everywhere.

So my question is... have you ever used your gun?

My answer so far in 50 years, no. So far, I have never needed it. It's extra insurance but so far never used it.

Plus 1
Only at the range and I hope I will never have to but I will be prepared to defend my family if need be.

Only time I have needed it was when two guys started ringing our door bell at 3:00 in the morning. My husband and I both went to the door (which we didn't open of course)with our guns and asked them what they wanted.
They claimed they were looking for their friend "Larry's" house and did we know where he lived. It took them a few seconds to come up with a last name. At that time it was sparsely populated and we knew everyone and there was no one with that name in the area. And really, who goes ringing the door bell at 3:00 am at some strangers house asking for directions?
We "accidently" let them see the guns and suggested that would be healthier if they waited until morning to go try to "find" their friend.

Talking about noise and ruckus situations, years ago when I was a teenager some friends and I were coming home to my parents house late at night. My dad who had been a Marine and was among the first wave on the Solomon Islands having enlisted December 8,1941 met us at the door with a Colt 1911. After he determined who it was he engaged the safety and gave us an a** chewing about the noise at that time of night. It really didn't bother me that much because I had got caught up in the moment of youthful exuberance with my friends and was being a bit rowdy, we deserved it. All my friends tended to tread lightly around my parents house after that. They weren't upset about the incident, they respected my father and the fact that he would take us shooting and fishing when their own fathers would not made him a popular dad. He was there to help a kid and care when their own parents wouldn't. It was like nobody better mess with Mr. **** because he one tough dude. He was a HS teacher for a few tears and every once in a while he would meet an ex student when I was with him and it was obvious to me that he had some special place in their minds by the way they acted towards him. Then there was the time he took on General Motors and won. I hope I have not bored anyone but people do have legitimate concerns about loud, noisy or threatening people either on or around their property and are within their rights to be armed to meet said situations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top