JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen it and have been pleasantly surprised. Pretty violent but when you're condensing events from over years into a few hours, there's a lot of violent acts to cover.

I think the tension between the family heads is well illustrated even if the story isn't entirely correct. I just wish they did a better job imitating the speech.

I watched the first part and found it hard to follow for the first half but then it all started to come together and turned into good watching. DVR'd the second part so I will watch it tonight after I get off work.

Always thought Bill Paxton was an entertaining actor and he is great in this as well (loved the guy in Aliens, Terminator, U-571, Tombstone, etc)

He has the 'stressed out' thing down to a science. The last 2-hour part starts in 15 minutes (6pm pst)

With any luck it is as close as they get, historically speaking, given the probable lack of information and the 'dramatic liberties' they had to take to make it through six hours. A long time span to cover too. I watched closely and it appeared they did a good job of ensuring the weapons were correct for the time period, at least for the ones used on the close-ups. I thought I saw a few Mod 94 carbines used for the distance views but otherwise a good rendering. About 30 years ago I knew a McCoy who was actually a descendent of the originals. He had family pictures, heirlooms and definitely had the 'look' - he could have been an actor in the show and would not have needed to make any changes, other than clothing.

When I hear Hatfields and McCoy I think of Bugs Bunny in Hillbilly Hare.

"Be yee a Hatfield or be yee a McCoy rabbit?"

"My friends call me Coy all the time"

Seriously though.
The human condition really hasn't changed much at all. Only the tools of destruction are
of slightly higher quality.
I loved the part were the guy wanting to collect the bounty on Hatfield Senior bought a scope
and just snapped it on his rifle 30 seconds before he took the shot. Apparently not knowing anything
about sighting in the ‘high tech' optic. LOL

"The human condition really hasn't changed much at all. Only the tools of destruction are"

Yes, an advanced species observing Earth 5000 years ago would see little change from today. Worshiping same 'Gods' with different names. Same manipulations of the few to enslave the many. Very little change.

The one thing the series got wrong is portraying people as 'dumb'. In actuality, people/kids in the 1880s were far more intelligent than we are today.

We are morons on an intellectual level compared to back then. In the 1880s, without mind numbing TV, poisons in the food, et al, Americans were actually free thinkers and not a hive of drones.

The things that pass for truth today would have been laughed at and disregarding back then.

Here is evidence of that, an 8th grade exam that a college grad student would not pass at today's degraded level. In our vanity, with the aid/comfort of technology, we BELIEVE we are the smartest humans ever. Simply not true.

http://thinklab.typepad.com/think_lab/2006/03/8th_grade_exami.html

Good series I thought. Thought everyone was a bit trigger happy, but that was proly how they were, I dunno, I didnt live back then....
Good story though. Watch it as entertainment if anything...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top