JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really find it interesting that soon after seeing a TV special on the rise in thefts of Catalytic Converters,
within a few days Harbor Freight is advertising an EXHAUST PIPE CUTTER , guarantied to cut through
any exhaust pipe within seconds. :eek: :rolleyes: :s0093:

LOL.

Then.....
Also......
"Portable Sawzall."

Aloha, Mark

PS....perhaps a "Class Action Lawsuit" is needed to teach/send them a message?
jackie-chiles.jpg

Nice.... as, I have had my eye-on my neighbors Escalade's Cat Converter for some time now .
I heard that a Prius cat.....is worth some money, as it's usually only "slightly used."

BUT, But, but.....it's tougher to get under there.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....what about a cat out of a Tesla?

OMG!!!!
whatever-dude.jpg

welcome_to_the_Dem_Party.jpg

Harbor Freight has been selling cutters for exhaust pipe for decades. They were selling these long before this became a thing. Most of the people we catch in the act are using battery powered SawsAll's. Most of these look to be stolen too as they tend to be well used higher end ones. No doubt some scum shop at Harbor Freight but even if they stopped selling the stuff its not like this would slow the scum down a second. I am sure most of them steal the tools they use just like they steal anything they want.

Why would a scumbag catalytic converter thief buy a POS tool from Harbor Freight when the can just steal a Milwaukee?
I have a Milwaukee Sawzall and I know it'll whip right through an exhaust pipe. But . . . . .
I cant imagine laying under a car/truck, balls up on your back, making a ton of noise,
cutting through an exhaust pipe and waking the owner up. Him walking out and
stomping on your manhood or shooting. Glad the skid plate on my F150 pretty
much precludes this happening.

I have a Milwaukee Sawzall and I know it'll whip right through an exhaust pipe. But . . . . .
I cant imagine laying under a car/truck, balls up on your back, making a ton of noise,
There have been several here now where there is one or even two lookouts. The lookouts have been willing to start taking shots at the owner when they come upon the scum stealing the CAT. Once again the voters here getting what they asked for, hope they are enjoying every second of it.🤬

Like most things its all about the right tool for the job...
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Metalworking/Grinders/2522-20

I think there needs to be more focus on who ever is buying the stolen catalytic converters from the actual thieves...
They need to eliminate the market so there is no incentive to steal them.

I think there needs to be more focus on who ever is buying the stolen catalytic converters from the actual thieves...
THIS!!!!👆
They could put an end to this FAST. People buying these things know FULL well what they are doing and do not care. Send undercover agents around and sell them. When some scum buys? Come down on them and take the business license away. Soon there would be no place to sell them so they would not bother to steal them. The State could do this and they refuse because they do not want this to stop.

Due to the fact that the prius engine is always running, I'd say they are over used.

As I understand it, the gas engine runs to power the electric power just like a railroad locomotive.

Jack

I ain't no engineer. But then......talking about......"Engine" like in the "internal combustion engine"?
Really?!?!

Anyway, also note what the video said about "When not moving" (time 2:04).

Aloha, Mark

Why solve a problem when you can just have the government manage the problem?

Most social problems in society could be greatly resolved, but then there's not much room for grifters...

I ain't no engineer. But then......talking about......"Engine" like in the "internal combustion engine"?
Really?!?!

Anyway, also note what the video said about "When not moving" (time 2:04).

Aloha, Mark
Have to say that sounded strange to me too. "Always running"? As in my vehicles are not "always running" ???? Sure thought they were as you know when they quit :D
I remember for a while when the Prius hit some law makers were making noise of some new law that the maker was going to have to make them have some kind of engine noise when they were not running. Fear that they would not be heard and run someone down. Don't think it went anywhere as soon others were coming out with all electric. First time I rode in a hybrid it did seem strange at first hearing the engine start and stop all the time but I noticed before long I just stopped noticing it.

I sit corrected :oops:. Never had a prius or been in one. The only Toyotas I've had were a '77 and an '84 sr5. The last one was a diesel which was a huge mistake as the cam belt bearing screw broke and I had to have the head replaced.

The screw started out as 1/2" and then necked down to 1/4 halfway through the bearing.

Jack

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads