JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When you were born in time to be scolded and called name for playing video games to living into a revolution where its cool and acceptable to play video games.

Halo and CoD was the turning point when it became non taboo and without risk of being called a dork/nerd for playing (girls also partake and love it).
Even when Pong was innovative everyone wanted over to that kids house... :s0114:

Even when Pong was innovative everyone wanted over to that kids house... :s0114:

quite true. I just mean games more like off the beaten path. I played a ton as a kid growing up because I fascinated me that this was actually a thing you could do.

Normally when I talked about games in class or with other people it was like trying to hide being a smoker to your parents. Then when Halo/CoD came out the same people were always asking YOU GOT HALO/COD BRO LETS PLAY BRO ITS COOL!. bewildered me.

quite true. I just mean games more like off the beaten path. I played a ton as a kid growing up because I fascinated me that this was actually a thing you could do.

Normally when I talked about games in class or with other people it was like trying to hide being a smoker to your parents. Then when Halo/CoD came out the same people were always asking YOU GOT HALO/COD BRO LETS PLAY BRO ITS COOL!. bewildered me.
It's because they were more attainable to a broader array of people. I still don't like overly invested and intricate games, but I do like simple games I can play and drop at a whim.
I've always played FPS and liked them best... I remember back in the 90's at like 6-7 playing Army Men.

I'm no gamer.
But I held out and thought some games is better than none. I worried they'd have no discipline once out of the house.

Side note. My parents had some of those big arcade games placed in grocery stores back in the day.
When we pulled them we put them in the garage.
Fun times

It's because they were more attainable to a broader array of people. I still don't like overly invested and intricate games, but I do like simple games I can play and drop at a whim.
I've always played FPS and liked them best... I remember back in the 90's at like 6-7 playing Army Men.

that was part of the problem there. Once attention shifted from invested intricate games crafted by hand like a fine art piece they realized they can sell better by just watering down and mass producing the same games under different titles. Ruined quite a few titles and companies I enjoyed stuff from over time.

I've always enjoyed FPS as well its the one genre that'll get me invested into playing still now that all my other favorites have been long since dead or butchered through genre changes or terrible remakes. I gave up long ago so now i've just caved to play the next big FPS game folks will play once in awhile.

that was part of the problem there. Once attention shifted from invested intricate games crafted by hand like a fine art piece they realized they can sell better by just watering down and mass producing the same games under different titles. Ruined quite a few titles and companies I enjoyed stuff from over time.

I've always enjoyed FPS as well its the one genre that'll get me invested into playing still now that all my other favorites have been long since dead or butchered through genre changes or terrible remakes. I gave up long ago so now i've just caved to play the next big FPS game folks will play once in awhile.
AceCombat is still pure! :s0155:

AceCombat is still pure! :s0155:

Never got into that series. Seen it and looks decent but just not my cup.

The only big release this year I am some what waiting on (though I hold little hope after they neutered my favorite as a kid) is the remake of Resident Evil 3. That series blew my balls off because gaming as a kid was like mario/contra etc then comes grotesque violence and zombies with a different tone of the coined phrase "survival horror". The intro really didn't help either.

This is the uncensored vers we didn't get in the US back in 96.

That game legit gave me nightmares and had me terrified to be alone as a kid haha.

Never got into that series. Seen it and looks decent but just not my cup.

The only big release this year I am some what waiting on (though I hold little hope after they neutered my favorite as a kid) is the remake of Resident Evil 3. That series blew my balls off because gaming as a kid was like mario/contra etc then comes grotesque violence and zombies with a different tone of the coined phrase "survival horror". The intro really didn't help either.

This is the uncensored vers we didn't get in the US back in 96.

That game legit gave me nightmares and had me terrified to be alone as a kid haha.
I loved having to hold circle down to get my gun up and press hard to shoot... :s0114:

When you were born in time to be scolded and called name for playing video games to living into a revolution where its cool and acceptable to play video games.

Halo and CoD was the turning point when it became non taboo and without risk of being called a dork/nerd for playing (girls also partake and love it).

Is there a NWFA league for MW? I boast a 1.0K/D with a 1.30 W/L ratio. Lane snipers and try hard wrist flickers with K98's need not apply. Not considered are 725 and claymore users.

I lost interest in video games when I grew up and stopped smoking weed. Coincidentally, the last games I really played were Halo, COD, and Madden.

Every once in a while ill play a little Civilization on PC.

I'm one of the few people that really liked ODST (Halo 2.5). The storyline was really immersive, and the night, film-noir style playthrough for Rookie was a lot of fun. It also helped that it was voiced by three of the Firefly cast.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top