Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

H&R Handi-Rifle .357 Magnum

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by cyclesarge, Feb 10, 2010.

1. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

This is a single shot H&R Handi-Rifle chambered in .357 Magnum. You can get different barrels for these, but this particular model is limited to 44 Magnum and shotgun barrels. I got this to use as a suppressor host, but .357 is too high pressure for my suppressor. I thought I could use .38 Special but H&R says "NO". I could use downloaded .357 but I don't reload. It's a great rifle, fun to shoot, just doesn't fit my needs. I have fired exactly 21 rounds of Winchester 110 gr JHP and would include the other 29 rounds for the asking price of $260.

This comes with all the packaging, manuals, warantee card, trigger lock, etc.

Feel free to hit me up with trade offers.

zoom_synthetic_23rem.jpg

2. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Good deal on a rifle that can be hard to find at times. The one that I have is the rifle I always make sure I bring to the range with me to relax with. Fun and very accurate with the right loads.
    Edit to add: PM Sent

3. cyclesarge

Still got this.:):)

4. VinnieBoomBah

VinnieBoomBah Hillsboro OR Active Member

FWIW, you can use 38 spl safely in that gun, but firing a lot of them will cause a "ring" of carbon, unburned powder, lead and just gunk to form right at the end of the 38 spl case. Normal and no big deal, but if you do it a lot, and then chamber a 357mag, with the mag case being 1/10 of an inch longer, it can cause the case to get stuck in the chamber, or even drive pressures dangerously high. So if you only shoot 38 spl, or just remember to clean your chamber before shooting 357mags, you'll be good to go. :thumbup:

Oh, BTW, the same situation exists with revolvers.

5. branchbuster

branchbuster Albany Active Member

Would you be interested in some 45acp ammo, a reloading press, 45acp dies, brass and bullets? Thank you.

6. ectysis

ectysis Rogue Valley Member

7. branchbuster

branchbuster Albany Active Member

What is the barrel length and is it threaded?

8. cyclesarge

22" barrel, it's not threaded. I might go ahead and send it off and have it shortened and threaded, since I am not getting a lot of response.:)

9. cyclesarge

Still got this. Might be interested in trading for a decent home theater sound system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.