JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There was a thread on this forum years ago about this. The ones i know about are Brown in Oregon and McCann. . I have emil into McCann industries and never hear back. The local shops don't have the specialized equipment. any help appreciated.

Richard McCann passed away back in 2010, the loss was devastating to the company and I think they are just a shell of what once was. You might try Ted Brown dba Shooters Den
I am thinking the default was Ted Brown was concerned bout the new laws in Oregon-was going to just drop it off on a trip to crater lake yeah he is way south almost CA. Sorry about Richard I must have gotten a couple of his mounts right before he died then. Nice mounts well engineered light and rock solid.

Fulton has a great rep but the prices were high for what I wanted. I make a couple trips a year to AZ so SMI was the top of my list.

Fulton has a great rep but the prices were high for what I wanted. I make a couple trips a year to AZ so SMI was the top of my list.
They around Phoenix? I sincerely want to move to Prescott for the weather not famous gun ranch or Ruger or anything like that just for the old asthma and the bicycle trails

They are in Tempe, suburb of Phoenix.
Thanks yeah they might be the choice we do a Tucson run once a year lately. Or can just figure out their backlog time. They are dangerous I want a crazy Horse rifle. Though may just put a barrelled action in my Gen 2 JAE chassis.

Thanks for the assist

I have the specialized equipment to rebarrel the M1a :)
I had to look up estacada OR much closer than Browns place almost to CA. In my safe I have either a kreiger or a Hart barrel, need to make sure is serviceable I seem to remember swabbing it with lubriplate or similar not cosmoline but mostly has sat in my safe for many moves over the last 20years or so. That will be the first step. I have the manuals and books from the Fulton Armory guys and I suspect that if one has done any of that a couple times is easier than it looks but lots of details about clocking and head spacing s and the base gun is a Springfield Armory that I unitized the gas system on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top