JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm looking for a gun safe. I would like something around 20-30 gun capacity. Fire rating of at least 30 min(preferably 60+). I have a budget of about $700, but i could spend up to $850 for a good deal. I would prefer electronic lock, but a dial would be ok. I will be storing 8 long guns and then mostly pistols. Bolts on all 4 sides of door, deadbolts on hinge side are ok. If i can't find something before the end of the year, I'll probably just buy a Bighorn 22 gun safe from a dealer in warren that has them on sale for $850.

Call Charlie at Mountain View Safes. He sells a 39 position safe for $850 with a fire rating and your choice of electronic or dial lock. He also delivers for a fee.

You should try out Mountainview Safe, CO at 503-706-7347

Call Charlie at Mountain View Safes. He sells a 39 position safe for $850 with a fire rating and your choice of electronic or dial lock. He also delivers for a fee.

I called him and he only has 20 gun safes in stock. I am interested in his 22 gun safe which is very similar to the bighorn 22 i'm looking at(they're probably made in the same factory in china). He won't have any in stock untill the end of january. I don't think his safes are UL listed(i'm not sure that it matters), and i don't know how long he'll be around(considering warranty). His safe prices are going up because of shipping and steel prices. so the 22 gun is going to be $700. So i can have the bighorn that has a 10 minute longer fire rating, is 70 lbs heavier, is UL listed, Has a prettier exterior(shiny finish and decals), is 30 minutes closer to my house, and is from a nationwide company that is likely to be around for a while, and will sell for more money later because i can refer people to there website and show them the paper materials that come with the bighorn safe.

If i'm wrong on any of this or if anyone has any other ideas or perhaps a used gun safe for sale let me know. Or if you have any advice from your own purchase of a gun safe i'd like to hear it.

I bought a Bighorn 30 gun safe for $999 from bulldog tuff safes in Warren, OR with electronic lock and he threw in a dehumidifier. It's a very nice safe with ext dimensions of 24x39x59, a 70 minute fire rating, 10 guage steel body, 10 1 1/2" locking pins, and it weighs 830 lbs. I'm very happy. I'd definitely reccomend doing business with danny from bulldog.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.