JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rock Island Auction in Rock Island, IL Does anyone know anything about this business or has anyone done business or had dealings with these people? I have never purchased anything through an auction before even though I have tried. I've always been outbid by someone with deeper pockets. But a couple of weeks ago, I bid on a package of shotguns, going only by the pictures and small description provided by either the auction house or the owner. And I won... my big mistake is that I should have read the fine print because by the time the auction house added their fee, shipping, insurance, etc, - the price increased by almost $400. The auction house wanted immediate payment and "hounded' me until I paid them "in full"; but 11 days has passed and they have still not shipped these firearms to me. Was I screwed out of my money or should I be a little more patient and give them more time to process my order? They tell me they are extremely busy, but will eventually get my order to me.

Have nothing to do with these posts, but:::::Rock Island Auction in Rock Island, IL Does anyone know anything about this business or has anyone done business or had dealings with these people? I have never purchased anything through an auction before even though I have tried. I've always been outbid by someone with deeper pockets. But a couple of weeks ago, I bid on a package of shotguns, going only by the pictures and small description provided by either the auction house or the owner. And I won... my big mistake is that I should have read the fine print because by the time the auction house added their fee, shipping, insurance, etc, - the price increased by almost $400. The auction house wanted immediate payment and "hounded' me until I paid them "in full"; but 11 days has passed and they have still not shipped these firearms to me. Was I screwed out of my money or should I be a little more patient and give them more time to process my order? They tell me they are extremely busy, but will eventually get my order to me.
The m1 garand i just showed in this thread came from them. Good people, atleast good customer service imo.
Auctions take A LONG TIME.
Think about it.
They have THOASANDS of lots, even more rifles and guns. Hundreds of buyers, FFL's, SHIPPING AND PACKAGING to deal with. Mine took over a month to get to my ffl,
Guns were as described. After auction fee and shipping i paid 1503$ for my m1 garand AND a rock island 1903 i have since sold.
Customer service with them is VERY consistent. What you took for hounding may just be their buisness. I have not participated in an auction from them in over a year. They still send me FULL color magazines and booklets as well as phone call reminders and voicemails that a new auction is coming.
It takes alot of cosigners, money, and time to do what they do. when someone doesnt come up with the dough its defiantely a strain on their end

I believe they are also the people who constantly work with Ian from forgotten weapons.

They are a company of their word in my experience. You have to always think about the auction fee when bidding, it helps to read the fine print ahead of time as i did. But consider this a lesson learned, you have to read in full every lot your interested in, list them out estimate what youd be willing to pay for them INCLUDE extra fees and patiently wait for that right lot where you get a fair price or deal.

My m1 garand is nicer in person then in the lot photos. It was accurized for match shooting and is sa 52 stamped, add its value to a decent condition ria 1903 and i got a good deal. But there was like 50 lots i bid on and HUNDREDS i spectated on before i found that one and striked on the last second with a bid.:D

Appreciate your reply. I'll sit and wait and hope the guns show up one day. I WILL DEFINITELY READ THE FINE PRINT in the future and advise others to do so. Their 18.5% fee is better than the 20-22% that I've seen on other auction sites. But I may stick with people like Cabela's who offer a 3-day inspection period. Has anyone out there had any dealings with Cabela's and this inspection period?

I once bid on an item and was out bid for twice of what I was willing to pay. About 30 days after the auction, I received an e-mail from RIA asking if I was still interested in buying the firearm.
I responded and they said I could have it for what the final bid had reached, plus their commission. I respectfully said no thanks, but was willing to pay my final bidding offer. They wouldn't budge and I saw the same firearm in their next auction and it sold for less then what I originally bid.
I've given up online auctions and concentrate on face to face purchases.

Just got home from picking up the shotguns - they look very good, clean both inside and out. Were just as listed except one 12ga was much heavier than expected [won't want to carry it in the field all day]. Will update after I take them to the range. Once I decide which to keep, the others will go on consignment at my favorite gun shop-Bracken Guns in Bracken, TX.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top