Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

GSG5

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rm1947, Feb 6, 2012.

1. rm1947

rm1947 Indiana New Member

I wanted to ask about any problems with the GSG5P. I have a first generation and have had various issues. I finally took it to my gunsmith because of feeding problems, ejection problems, soft hit misfires. What he found was a cracked bolt (pot metal), the chamber was so tight that he couldent get a reamer in, the barrel block was loose and would rotate. The gus is going in for repair, how is their service?

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Welcome to Northwestfirearms!! A shame about the MIM bolt, can it be repaired?

3. rm1947

rm1947 Indiana New Member

My gunsmith says you can't weld it, it has to be replaced. It is going back to ATI for repair.

4. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

.. Hi rm welcome to the forum. ATI will set things right. Their GSG is a nice light weight clone; you've already learned of some of the aluminum parts to keep it light.

Has the barrel shroud been replaced?
    If not, ATI should do so when your GSG goes in for R&R. Be nice and polite and you'll get along fine.

5. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

GSG-5 - AR15.COM go here and read about ATI customer service, i have mix feeling about them. Slow respond to email or phone call but got the work done right. There is ATI rep from that website also.