JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a GSG-5 SD in a trade it seems to be stock except for the collapsible stock. Im wondering what I can do to make the gun more durable and reliable not that it does not shoot great but Im wondering wht I can do to improve it.

Best thing I did to mine ( besides install a real silencer ) was to remove the magazine safety. Made it reliable with ammo it would never run before and improved the trigger too.

Keep in mind the SD shroud has been recalled because it's not in compliance with the NFA (your tax dollars at work, thousands of Americans now have illegal NFA weapons) so go to their homepage and click on the GSG5SD picture about halfway down the page and enter the serial number to see if it's part of the recall. If so they'll send you a new compliant shroud.

American Tactical Imports

Keep in mind the SD shroud has been recalled because it's not in compliance with the NFA (your tax dollars at work, thousands of Americans now have illegal NFA weapons) so go to their homepage and click on the GSG5SD picture about halfway down the page and enter the serial number to see if it's part of the recall. If so they'll send you a new compliant shroud.

American Tactical Imports

I'm going to buck the trend here and say that I agree with what the ATF did in recalling the GSG SD guns. Their big mistake was allowing them in in the first place. That fake can on the carbine is NOT a silencer. Its when it is taken off and installed on a pistol that it becomes a silencer. It always was a silencer in that respect. Not a very good one in that it lacks baffles but some rolled up foam stuffed in the can and a .22 just got pretty quiet.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top