JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wanting a 6" .357 for a while. Colt is out of my price range, been looking for a Smith but I may have a chance to trade for a GP-100 in blue in great shape with no holster wear. Any and all opinions, good and bad, will be appreciated. Thanks.

the triggers are hit and miss but they all work fine (smoothness may vary).

GP100's are my favorite revolver in that size range I like the 4" model, but then again the 6" models always seemed front heavy.

In my opinion if it's a good deal buy it you won't be dissapointed with the gun and you won't find too many great deals on the prelock smith stuff as most sellers know what they are worth and add 10% for the name

I have a number of semi-autos, but this 4-inch GP100 is my only revolver. I have no problem with the trigger. Interestingly, new shooters really seem to enjoy it.

RugerGP100Lft533x4002.jpg

My wife's pistol is a 3" GP100. When new, the trigger could have been smoother but after a couple of hundred rounds it worked itself out. The size makes the 357 recoil a non-issue for her. The only mod was installing the older, smaller grips (cocobolo inserts) to fit her hand better.

I would heartily recoomend the revolver,
Good shooting.

I just fired my new Wiley Clapp Gp100 yesterday. Didn't do any accuracy testing but it's very comfortable to shoot even with hot loads.

I have owned S&W revolvers for many years and currently love to shoot my 7 shot 686 4 inch. The Ruger is a very strong pistol and I being a S&W snob I was of the opinion they were not as accurate. After shooting my friends GP-100 4 inch it proved my thinking WRONG. That Ruger seemed to put everything in the same hole! As accurate as any revolver. I do love S&W's but they do sometimes need repair.
I think the Gp-100 is a great revolver it will give a lifetime of service.

I have a number of semi-autos, but this 4-inch GP100 is my only revolver. I have no problem with the trigger. Interestingly, new shooters really seem to enjoy it.

RugerGP100Lft533x4002.jpg

Wow! I haven't seen one of those Canadian dinner jackets in a while... Nice backdrop on that photo!

Back in the 90's I thought long and hard about what to purchase in a 4" .357. Smith's were too much money, Colts were way too much money and I finally settled on a stainless GP 100. I used to read a lot of Elmer Keith back then and had a silly notion that a 4" handgun could be a long range gun.......lol.....I reworked the trigger, loaded her hotter than a Ho in a pickle factory and "attempted" to shoot a lot of trophy rocks, bushes and the like at uuuhhhh long range! Yep I tried to wear it out with heavy cast bullets and big charges of H110! It was not to be and that handgun turned out to be the most fun gun I have owned. IMHO there is nothing more versatile than a 4" .357 Mag for whatever or whoever ya wanna shoot!!.........I will own a good one again someday. Buy it, enjoy it and you will have a lifelong attachment to a great gun!

Just bought a 4" SS at Brightwater on black friday and man is that thing fun to shoot. I am going to rework the trigger a bit but damn is it stout as hell. I've heard that 1500fps isn't too hard to achieve with a 158g boolit

I love my GP100s! I have a four inch and a three. I added XS sights to the four incher and both got recontoured triggers. Makes the trigger pull a lot smoother without worrying about light strikes from lighter springs :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top