JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
went in for a lung cancer screen yesterday, they did a ct scan on my chest. got an e-mail later in the day that said everything in my lungs looked good. which was a relief considering I smoked for 50 years and worked in automotive and equipment repair most of my career. quit smoking 5 years ago. they also said that my heart and liver looked good.:s0133::s0053::s0062:

Good news!

Lower lobe nodes are very common but last winter they found a spot on my upper lung that didn't look good. It was too small to biopsy so they told me to come back in 6 monthes and they'd take another look at it. "But don't worry ".:s0057: Yeah right!

3 opinions went- possibly cancer, likely cancer and very likely cancer. Long story short it'd shrunk, so was'nt cancer but it was the longest 6 months of my life. I think the techs at the 2nd scan could tell how stressed I was because I got the results when I got home 30 minutes later.

Good news!

Lower lobe nodes are very common but last winter they found a spot on my upper lung that didn't look good. It was too small to biopsy so they told me to come back in 6 monthes and they'd take another look at it. "But don't worry ".:s0057: Yeah right!

3 opinions went- possibly cancer, likely cancer and very likely cancer. Long story short it'd shrunk, so was'nt cancer but it was the longest 6 months of my life. I think the techs at the 2nd scan could tell how stressed I was because I got the results when I got home 30 minutes later.
just hearing that the Dr. wanted the test run was enough to stress me out. I put it off for about 4 months, the clinic called and asked if I wanted to make an appointment, I reluctantly agreed. glad I did. after smoking for so long it was something that was always in the back of my mind.

just hearing that the Dr. wanted the test run was enough to stress me out. I put it off for about 4 months, the clinic called and asked if I wanted to make an appointment, I reluctantly agreed. glad I did. after smoking for so long it was something that was always in the back of my mind.
I'd smoked for 40 yrs when I quit 2006. Either right before, during, or just after the heart attack. :D You always expect the worst though. Its a guideline they go by now. Something like if you had smoked 30 packs a year for so long you should have the screening done yearly. I just read that if you'd quit smoking 15 yrs prior that they're not necessary. I hit 15 yrs last Nov, so maybe I'm done with it.

Never smoked a day in my life and was diagnosed with NSCL cancer in 2017 and had my right upper lobe removed in November of 2017 I hated playing the waiting game with CT scans every 6 months watching it grow

Never smoked a day in my life and was diagnosed with NSCL cancer in 2017 and had my right upper lobe removed in November of 2017 I hated playing the waiting game with CT scans every 6 months watching it grow
sorry to hear that. hope they got it all and you are done with it. any other contributing factors or just luck of the draw?

I smoked like a locomotive, 2 packs plus per day. I am surprised I ain't dead already.
About a pack and a half a day for me. I've got COPD now but it could be worse. Caught it at moderate and I exercise and do most of the things I'm supposed to so they say I'll most likely live a normal life span. Just try to stick to walking on level ground now cuz hills are a beeotch! :D

sorry to hear that. hope they got it all and you are done with it. any other contributing factors or just luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw, I had my left kidney removed in 2015 which was diagnosed as transitional cell carcinoma and subsequent CT scans to check for any rogue cancer cells lingering in my chest and abdomen had us watching the cancer cell grow…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top