JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone has had any suggestions regarding using a locker for gun storage. I dont have the means to install a gun safe so I figured i could get a locker. Any suggestions or past experience with lockers?

1000 times better than nothing. Way back in the day I used a locker which was bolted to the wall inside a closet. The room was locked whenever I was gone.

That and of course don't tell people you have guns. That's the best way to get your stuff stolen.

The advantage with the wall lockers such as the Stack-On's, is that they mount flush against the wall between two studs. They are quite easily concealed by curtains, posters, paintings, etc., hidden in plain sight. Whereas the traditional safe tends to be out in the open saying, "hello sailor here I am".

I use a Husky 66 inch workbench instead of a safe. It's made of steel, has a lock and comes with thin padding for each drawer. The top and bottom drawers are deep enough to hold any guns. The middle drawers will hold thinner guns like 22's or lever guns. The right hand drawers will hold pistols. I have all my gun cleaning supplies and some ammo in there, too. It has wheels and weighs 418 pounds unloaded. Hopefully, thieves will not think it's worth the hassle to break into a workbench.

Whatever you end up with here is a sign for it...

1661202496307.png

These Hardigg weapons lockers were on sale a week or two ago for around $110 at Sportsmansguide, but I think they've sold out. Keep an eye out if interested, it usually means that other surplus lots were auctioned and might be available elsewhere.
702545i3_ts.jpg

I use a Husky 66 inch workbench instead of a safe. It's made of steel, has a lock and comes with thin padding for each drawer. The top and bottom drawers are deep enough to hold any guns. The middle drawers will hold thinner guns like 22's or lever guns. The right hand drawers will hold pistols. I have all my gun cleaning supplies and some ammo in there, too. It has wheels and weighs 418 pounds unloaded. Hopefully, thieves will not think it's worth the hassle to break into a workbench.
If that is one of the round key locks about 60 seconds and a plastic pen cap and you're in.

I keep 95% of my ammo in a 4,000 lb 1911 Mosler safe with 8" of steel on every side plus a 1/2" door inside if for some reason you can figure out how to get the outer doors open. Has a 5 digit combo lock.

And no I don't even bother trying to bolt it down - I was feeling like an engineering genius when my buddy and I finally got it into my basement 9 hours after picking it up in Beaverton years ago.

The step down plates on that door are 1" each.

59970B5C-25A5-4C77-859C-D45E3FB4CCB4.jpeg 6D8A2127-B46F-48C0-BEC2-0AAA811D8CE8.jpeg 94BE92B5-22AE-4A81-9266-A9BB94CF943D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top