JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I just bought a glock 23 used, but looks darn near perfect. However I shot it for the first time yesterday, and even from initial dry-firing. The trigger is MUCH stiffer than I expected. Not sure on a lb-age. but it is much, much stiffer than my brothers XD-9, even stiffer than my Hi-point was. Could it be that it still needs break-in. I sat and dry-fired it for a few mins, and it really lightened up, but after stopping and coming back to it it is just as stiff as before.

Any ideas?

Take it apart and see if something is broke or caught up. Its really easy to redoo the trigger too your liking. Tons of glock sites out there sell trigger springs/kits for around $50.00

Take a look and see what trigger connector it has.

If it's stock it should look like this.

Glockmeisterconnectors-.jpg

Could be you've got an 8# and other parts to make a heavier trigger. Pull it apart and post up what you've got for a tigger group.

Hi idRATHERbeOUTDOORS,
How many round went down range? Is the Spring on the Trigger group on correct? Did you check the fireing pin spring and cups? are they on correctly?
Hope this will help,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

I have to remove the trigger group to view this part?

NO

Take the slide off and at the rear,you will see the connectors(and the right side ,looking down.
There is one pin that holds this part in.Push that pin out and lift the piece out.Then you can view the connector.
These will not fly apart,so don't be skeered.And they pull straight up.But don't force anything.

I believe if you go to the Ghost Trigger site,they will have plenty of pics for you.Otherwise there is always You Tube.

Well I bought a brand New 19 Gen 4 and the trigger was so hard MY BIL who is a Glocksmith and his departments shooting instructor suffered poor accuracy.started with installing the whole trigger kit connector and springs. That made it too light so Put only the 3.5 lb connector and it made it fun and accurate to shoot. Dont know if its the same with your gun but thats my experience with my gun.

what i have found out is from this guy here on "you tube", and for the amount of research i'v done on the "glock's"... this guy is a "glock guru", and i think you'll find out what your problem is right here !!
check him out + he has a ton of vids on glocks
GLOCK GEN 4 PROBLEMS? WATCH THIS!! - YouTube

steven

Well mine is a Gen3. The trigger got AWFUL, To the point where it would not break at all. I had to pull with both my index fingers and it still would not break. Ended up having to remove the back plate and all the little springs and pins and stuff in the slide just to removed it.

But I think I have it fixed. I added a few drops of oil to the trigger connector and the (sear spring?), whatever spring is visible farthest back in the frame. Not sure what it is called. But it was BONE dry. When I first looked inside I just assumed that was just how a glock was. But either way now the trigger pull is a dream. Just how I thought a good pistol should feel. In time I will see if this fix is just a fluke or if the problem is actually resolved.

But thanks for everyone's suggestions

Just look up vids on Youtube on Glocks.... there are some nice vids that show you how to take everything apart. Pay attention and make sure how things go together, the pistol is simple but it has moving parts and it is easy to install something upside down or backwards. Tear the whole thing apart and inspect for bent, broken, missing parts.... clean and lube certain parts (very light lubing... no soaking parts with lube or grease) and you should be all good assuming there is no damage or missing parts.

Come to the gun show this weekend at the Expo we are at the Lone Wolf Glock table, Earl and I can check your gun for free and likely it is just a simple fix, maybe can be done for free. I am guessing it is the connector as people have suggested. Lone Wolf connectors are stainless steel if you try to polish it, they will become very rough and make the trigger very hard to pull. We sell them installed for $15.00
Mike
Or pm me we maybe can meet up

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews